Senior Director of Software Engineering
adMarketplace is the largest privacy-safe consumer search marketplace. We provide search advertising integrations for trusted mobile apps, browsers, browser applications, and consumer sites to connect consumers directly to top brands at the moment they express decision-making intent.
We are dedicated to improving the search experience for consumers, publishers, and advertisers without sacrificing privacy. With 20 years of experience building and operating innovative consumer search technology, our mission is to add value to every search.
At adMarketplace, we create the best of breed advertising technology using cutting-edge architectures with millisecond response time and crunch through terabytes of data every day. The ideal Director of Software Engineering is motivated designing for massive scale, developing for low latency and pushing the boundaries of using real-time data in automated decisions. Our team uses a modern tech stack including Akka, Scala, Kafka, Java8+, Kubernetes, AWS and more.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage a team of 10+ engineers; actively participate in hiring / growing of the team
- Lead, own and drive projects from start to completion including system architecture design, code design, development, and integration:
- 24/7 low latency large-scale distributed Ad Serving and Click Tracking platforms
- Real-time Conversion Tracking platform
- System scalability projects: cloud migration, containerization
- System stability projects: documentation/development/monitoring/metrics/recovery standards and practices
- Work closely with product and business stakeholders on understanding and translating business requirements into technical solutions and with our Technical Project Managers on project execution
- Mentor and manage the Engineering Team:
- Develop their skills and talents improve the engineering culture
- Implement best-practice software engineering methods
- Provide guidance, direction, and support
- Represent the Engineering Team in cross-functional projects, meetings, and to the company at large
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
- Strong knowledge of software engineering and 7+ years of hands-on development experience using Java with a dependency injection framework (Java 8 and Akka preferred)
- 4+ years of experience developing/delivering and maintaining multiple complex, low latency, scalable, mission-critical systems
- Must have exceptional leadership, communication, and project management skills and 5+ years of experience managing and leading engineering teams and projects
- Ability to design complete systems by collaborating with multiple teams and understanding testing, hardware and deployment methodologies
- Strong knowledge of algorithmic complexity / simplicity trade-offs and effective use of data structures
- Solid understanding of low latency messaging and asynchronous design patterns
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Strong belief in developing the skills and talents of others
- Excellent documentation and troubleshooting skills
- Digital advertising industry experience
- Experience with AWS, Kubernetes, Akka, Scala, Kafka, RabbitMQ, MySQL, Python, Vertica, and Aerospike (NoSQL)
- Basic understanding and/or interest in Machine Learning
- Experience with project management or Jira
- Experience with DevOps
adMarketplace is named as one of the best places to work in New York City by leading publications such as Built In and Crain’s. We embody our core values and culture day in and day out. Our 5C’s define how we play the game - Curiosity, Collaboration, Creative Conflict, Commitment and Competitiveness. We’re looking for curious, dedicated, and collaborative individuals who play to win.
adMarketplace offers competitive salaries, continuing education programs, management training, and career paths to ensure all of our employees have an opportunity to grow.
The well-being of our employees is our top priority, adMarketplace offers competitive health benefits, wellness programs, paid time off, commuter benefits, equity, 401k matching, and more to ensure a healthy work/life balance.