BI Analytics is part of the marketing operations group of adMarketplace. This groups mission is to provide technical expertise in the ever-growing field of business intelligence across various industries. Primarily utilizing the BI platform MicroStrategy, the BI Architect enables business units to trend, analyze and identify a problem and/or understand more about a business scenario.
- Undertake a wide variety of challenging business data tasks across the business and IT.
- Design and create business reports using SQL, Excel or Microstrategy that are reviewed by senior management (and other stakeholders).
- Analyze data, identify trends and recommend solutions.
- Collaborate with the data science team on various projects including machine learning projects.
- Document processes and best practices around reporting activities.
- Exceptional communication skills (including written) with the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of an organization.
- Strong work ethic, open to learning new skills and capable of adapting to dynamic situations.
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience writing complex SQL queries.
- Experience with databases like Vertica and MySQL
- Bachelor's degree preferred in the field of Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics or another related field.
- Familiarity with Microstrategy is a plus.
- Python programming experience is a plus.
- 1-2 years work experience as a developer exposed to business reporting, data analysis.
adMarketplace is a technology company with the largest search advertising network outside of the major search engines. adMarketplace provides data-driven performance at scale to the Internet’s leading marketers and their agencies through its powerful yet easy-to-use search syndication platform.
Additionally, adMarketplace is a flat organization with empowered, self-directed teams that value honesty, commitment, accountability and results. Our employees are known in advertising and technology circles as the advisors to the experts. We organize and host meet-ups, speak in public about our industry and technology trends, and are often quoted in the press.
Experience Big Data in your career—at 2 billion query requests per day and 1 TB of data generated per hour, we ARE Big Data.