adMarketplace is seeking a highly qualified and experienced Sales Engineer to partner with the Sales and Services team. The Sales Engineer will be a key technical resource and advisor during the sales and launch process. They will provide technical solutions and advise clients and the sales team on the most suitable implementation or integration options. This position combines client relationship skills and technical skills. The ideal candidate will form a close partnership with Sales, Client Services, Data Ops, and Engineering teams to ensure successful integration with client platforms and to create and implement new solutions for our platform.
- Lead client integrations: review client requirements with sales team during account close, work with external client teams to set up, test, and troubleshoot integrations. Manage timeline, internal, and external communications throughout the integration period.
- Serve as internal expert on SEM tracking and data platforms (Google Analytics, Kenshoo, Marin, Doubleclick, Adobe, etc). Provide support to Client Services, Data Operations, Sales, and Tech teams to ensure successful integration with varying degrees of complexity.
- Understand the customer's technical requirements, business objectives and marketing Strategy. Leverage proficiency of website architecture, online tracking techniques, and URL structures.
- Provide QA testing as required and verify data accuracy; troubleshoot client issues.
- Initiate and manage cross-departmental communication to resolve any integration-related questions and issues. Ensure proper documentation and follow up.
- Identify & manage custom solutions from existing product capabilities based on a balance of client requirements, sales goals, and engineering costs.
- Ability to translate client requests into business and functional requirements.
- Facilitate integration of 3rd party technologies to meet business goals.
- Act as a resource for Sales and Strategy to answer client technical questions during sales process.
- Serve as a business driver for developing and owning new product features.
- Participates in the product release cycle from requirement gathering, design, development, to release and UAT.
- Maintain and create operational workflows and processes to improve sales process.
- Create training materials for partner salespeople and account managers to train on integrations and new products.
- Provide general technical expertise about the entire platform ecosystem
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field strongly preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in a technical service environment preferably ad tech, ad ops, or another technical/trafficking role.
- Good understanding of URL components, URL redirection, HTTP headers, and cookies
- Hands on experience with troubleshooting/testing URL redirect paths using different tracing tools
- Very good understanding of URL types/structures and all the different parameter options of SEM tracking tools (DoubleClick, Marin, Kenshoo)
- Knowledge and previous experience working with SEM and tracking tools (Google Analytics, DoubleClick, Marin, Kenshoo, ATLAS, Adobe, Coremetrics, etc).
- Experience in designing, building and managing solutions related to ad serving.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, design and execution of a multi-faceted product strategy.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision making skills along with strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Experience helping non-technical audiences understand technical projects or topics. Experience in Solutions Selling and have previous experience as a sales engineer working with sales, operations and technology teams.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Strong Attention to detail.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, team environment.
- Exceptional organization and prioritization skills. Can juggle competing priorities while making sound business decisions based on goals and objectives.
- Strong client facing communication skills that allow you to translate difficult technical concepts and issues in the terms clients can understand.