Manager, Data Analytics
adMarketplace has a fantastic opportunity for a data rock star to join our growing Pricing Operations team as a Manager, Data Analytics. The right person will be a champion of big data who can extrapolate big ideas from data analysis, identify the “why” in their work, serve as a subject matter expert, partner across internal teams, and has a natural ability to lead.
The Data Analytics Manager will lead a team of analysts that support the success of our client campaigns, identify and answer critical business questions, and support the development of our data and technology platforms. You should demonstrate accountability and ownership in your work, the ability to drive projects forward, experience articulating and presenting complex data concepts to business users, and the ability to coach and mentor a team.
- Lead a team of data analysts; develop & manage team towards business and professional development goals.
- Provide strategic support to upper management, and ensure flawless execution on key business projects related to our pricing strategies.
- Demonstrate a deep knowledge of search advertising and partner with business to provide data sets and ad hoc reporting to solve day-to-day issues or answer key questions from our business teams.
- Own client pricing to ensure we retain and grow our accounts. Work closely with Account Management team in order to understand and optimize towards client performance goals.
- Collaborate with Data Science and BI teams to develop new features for our proprietary algorithms. You will gain hands on experience working with predictive and machine learning algorithms.
- Look for key trends, opportunities and challenges within our pricing and performance data; design projects, goals, and outcomes to drive key initiatives forward to improve team and company results.
- Drive deep data, statistical, and predictive analytics and ensure analytical excellence across your team.
- Continuously improve reporting, processes, and training. Create performance reporting dashboards, document workflows and organizational requirements.
- 3-5 years data/business analytics experience with demonstrated increasing responsibility. Highly preferred experience in adtech, digital media, or marketing analytics.
- A proven track record for motivating and coaching a team. Excellent people skills, including written and verbal communication, ability to communicate up, down, and across teams and engage multiple stakeholders
- BA/BS degree or equivalent; Math, Statistics, CS, Engineering background preferred
- Highly proficient knowledge of Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, formulas, functions), Modeling skills a plus
- Experience with SQL and databases. Python and scripting languages a plus
- Experience with MicroStrategy a plus
- Eagerness to learn and grow professionally
- Analysis & Insight: Able to organize large data sets to answer critical questions, extrapolate trends, and tell a story
- Innovation: Demonstrate creativity and proactive thinking to solve our top business challenges
- Communication: excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Business Leadership: Able to understand key business drivers; strong attention to detail combined with an ability to see the big picture and take initiative to grow operations
adMarketplace is a technology company with the largest search advertising network outside of the major search engines. adMarketplace provides data-driven performance at scale to the Internet’s leading marketers and their agencies through its powerful yet easy-to-use search syndication platform.
Additionally, adMarketplace is a flat organization with empowered, self-directed teams that value honesty, commitment, accountability, and results. Our employees are known in advertising and technology circles as the advisors to the experts. We organize and host meet-ups, speak in public about our industry and technology trends, and are often quoted in the press.