Senior DevOps Engineer (Linux)
adMarketplace is the largest privacy-safe consumer search marketplace. We provide search advertising integrations for trusted mobile apps, browsers, browser applications, and consumer sites to connect consumers directly to top brands at the moment they express decision-making intent.
We are dedicated to improving the search experience for consumers, publishers, and advertisers without sacrificing privacy. With 20 years of experience building and operating innovative consumer search technology, our mission is to add value to every search.
At adMarketplace, we create the best of breed consumer search technology using cutting-edge architectures with millisecond response time and crunch through terabytes of data every day. The ideal candidate is motivated designing for scale, developing for high availability, and has a strong interest in cloud engineering, containerization, and DevOps solutions. Our team uses a modern tech stack including Kafka, NoSQL, Ansible, Prometheus, Grafana, Logstash, AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, and more.
What You'll Do:
- Scale our company infrastructure and services from on-prem to the cloud including solutions analysis, architecture design, and hands-on implementation
- Design, implement, optimize, and support highly-scalable, highly-available production infrastructure in Kubernetes running containerized services
- Work closely with software engineers to containerize existing systems / applications
- Solve complex infrastructure challenges related to low latency large scale distributed systems
- Create and maintain systems documentation and run-books
- Respond to alerts, and resolve or escalate system issues as necessary; on-call rotation is required
- Develop and improve our DevOps toolset using Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, Bash, and more
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience as a Systems or DevOps Engineer
- 3+ years of infrastructure automation, configuration management, or container orchestration
- Strong knowledge and experience with Kubernetes, containerization (Docker), and container orchestration
- Demonstrated ability to help organizations level up their cloud operational management through logging, monitoring, alerts, instrumentation, etc.
- Strong knowledge and experience with cloud services and cloud infrastructure (AWS preferred)
- Knowledge and experience with Infrastructure as Code using AWS and cloud-agnostic strategy
- Recent business experience with CentOS, RedHat, or Oracle Enterprise Linux
- Scripting experience with Bash and/or Python
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Excellent documentation, communication, and troubleshooting skills
- Hands-on on-prem to the cloud migration experience
- Experience with Puppet and Ansible
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code using Azure and GCP
- Familiarity with microservices
- Monitoring and Log collection tools such as Nagios, CheckMK, Prometheus, Grafana, Graylog, Logstash, Kibana, and Filebeat
- Experience working in an agile software development team using Jira
- Digital advertising industry experience
adMarketplace is named as one of the best places to work in New York City by leading publications such as Built In and Crain’s. We embody our core values and culture day in and day out. Our 5C’s define how we play the game - Curiosity, Collaboration, Creative Conflict, Commitment and Competitiveness. We’re looking for curious, dedicated, and collaborative individuals who play to win.
adMarketplace offers competitive salaries, continuing education programs, management training, and career paths to ensure all of our employees have an opportunity to grow.
The well-being of our employees is our top priority, adMarketplace offers competitive health benefits, wellness programs, paid time off, commuter benefits, equity, 401k matching, and more to ensure a healthy work/life balance.