Manager, Lead Development (Analytics Software)
At Actian we believe data should be used as a competitive advantage. Through the deployment of remarkable data technology, underpinned by a relentless and trusted service commitment, we help business critical systems transact and integrate at their very best. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices worldwide. We are looking for a Manager, Lead Development to lead team to meet and exceed an aggressive pipeline requirement via outbound client engagement activities. A successful candidate will have experience and expertise in the following areas:
Contribute to growth. Actian’s technology is ripe and well positioned to solve emerging and current customer pain points. Your role directly contributes to the growth of Actian’s Analytics, Data Management, and Data Integration software technology via new customer acquisition.
Improve Process. A well-oiled sales process is critical to enabling the success of the Inside Sales/Lead development team. The Manager will be as proficient in the art and science of selling remotely - ensuring process is followed and technology is leveraged to its fullest.
Coach & Mentor. The Lead Development Manager will enable top performers and lift under-performers. The team is at its best when all reps are progressing and performing. Motivate and mentor with weekly 1:1s, call coaching, contests, deep dives, etc.
Hire & Scale. Building and scaling a world class team. Develop a rich candidate funnel into future top performing Lead Development representatives. Hiring top talent is only the first step: Lead Development Manager will also design and deploy onboarding and trainings to ensure fast ramp and set new hires up for success.
- Work closely with the following teams: sales leadership to achieve weekly, monthly, and quarterly objectives; Sales Operations to make recommendations on process improvements; Marketing to nurture the lead flow from our demand generation activities
- Lead team of Inside outbound development reps responsible for prospecting into target accounts
- Recruit, hire, train, motivate, and coach development reps, focused on attracting and retaining top talent that has ability to quickly grow and scale within the organization
- Set and ensure team meets quarterly KPI objectives and completes a high volume of daily calls/activities
- Report on team/individual results – quantity & quality of leads and pipeline creation to Sales Management
- Ensure the effective use of Salesforce.com and Outbound technology tools in day-to-day activities
- Conduct weekly 1:1’s, opportunity inspection reviews; mentoring and career development sessions for the team
- Help create and improve email templates and sequences
- Set clear expectations and vision for the team
- 3+ years sales experience, preferably in SaaS and/or Analytics software
- 1+ years in management/leadership experience, with high performance
- Proficient in sales tech tools: Salesforce, Marketo and marketing automation, and more…
- Expertise in sales process, reporting, forecasting, territory management, etc.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate across functions
- Passion for sales and pipeline creation
- Competitive team player and leader
- Enterprise technology aptitude
- Strong knowledge of lead qualification methodologies (e.g. BANT, MEDDIC)
- History of over-achievement in managing SDR/Inside Sales/LDR teams
- Competent communicator - written and verbal
- Strong background using CRM and sales engagement applications
- Bachelor’s degree required