Software Engineer - DBMS Development
At Actian we provide software solutions to seamlessly manage and connect our customers’ operational and analytic data for superior performance, insights, and business outcomes. Our company is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA and has offices worldwide.
We offer a position as Software Engineer (d/f/m) with the opportunity to work on a cutting-edge data processing system. We are looking for team players that can work independently in a distributed team. Our focus is on high performance implementations; following an initial training period, this position demands personal knowledge, experience and judgement to accomplish.
You will be part of our ActianX/Vector team engineering a family of products in C, which are provided for a variety of OS distributions. Your responsibilities will cover design and implementation challenges of team and individual projects. You will be responsible for drive and successfully complete and later maintain your supervised projects.
- Design, implementation and supervision of enhancements improving performance, stability and scalability of a high-performance data processing kernel
- Create tests for and maintain the implemented functionality in our continuous integration management environment
- Cooperation with our Support, Product Management, and Quality Assurance teams
- Cooperation with partners and customers on product development and maintenance
- Ability to work independently in a small, dynamic team
- Master’s Degree in computer science or equivalent
- 2+ years of experiences in software development, e.g., due to advanced academic studies or in a commercial setting
- Experience with large-scale systems development preferable
- Highly proficient programming skills (C family)
- Excellent algorithm-design skills
- Good knowledge of database concepts and technology, including a working knowledge of SQL
- Good knowledge of Linux (or Windows) operating systems (memory management, IO, scheduling, etc.)
- Competent script programming skills (Python, Bash)
- Experience with concurrent, parallel and network programming techniques
- Experience in the areas of business intelligence, high-performance data processing and computer architecture and related is a plus