Senior Cloud Development Engineer
At Actian we provide software solutions to seamlessly manage and connect our customers’ operational and analytic data for superior performance, insights, and business outcomes. Our company is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA and has offices worldwide.
We are looking for a dynamic, talented Senior Cloud Development Engineer (d/f/m) to join our Engineering team in Ilmenau, Germany.
You will be part of our growing team of talented Cloud Engineers working on our Avalanche Cloud Service and help us build the next generation Cloud Data Warehouse.
- Design and implement complex units/modules/products that meet functional and business requirements on schedule and within budget.
- Develop plans outlining steps and plan for developing features and communicate plans and status to management and other engineering team members.
- Write and maintain documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
- Perform unit/module testing of software to find errors and confirm programs meet specifications.
- Fix bugs and add enhancements.
- Participate in design and code reviews with other developers.
- Support the Quality Assurance Team by providing assistance to testers and support personnel as needed to determine system problems.
- Review and approve software testing plans for quality assurance.
- Provide input to establish and improve departmental processes and procedures.
- Provide product content to Technical Writers.
- Master’s Degree in computer science or equivalent.
- 4+ years of experiences in software development, e.g., due to advanced academic studies or in a commercial setting.
- Highly proficient programming skills in a modern. programming/functional language (Java, Scala, Node.js or Go).
- Excellent algorithm-design skills.
- Experience in designing, deploying, debugging and maintaining Cloud applications (Microservice-based experience is a plus).
- Expertise on at least one of the major public Cloud providers.
- Working knowledge of database concepts and technology, including a knowledge of SQL.
- Ability to work independently in a small, dynamic team.
- Experience with Applications and Deployment on Cloud platforms.
- Microservices architecture and REST APIs.
- Competent script programming skills (Bash).
- Experience with concurrent, parallel and network programming techniques.
- Experience in the areas of high-performance data processing and computer architecture and related is a plus.
- Good written and oral communication skills.