Managing Director, District Coaching Strategy
Managing Director, District Coaching Strategy
Location: Flexible within the United States
(Travel is contingent upon organizational/state/federal regulations)
Position is available: Immediately
Every student deserves opportunities in life, and every educator committed to providing those opportunities deserves support. Those beliefs drive us to work alongside schools to support great teaching so that we can work towards guaranteeing that all students are receiving high quality instruction. We partner with over 900 schools - both district and charter - in underserved communities around the country, thus impacting more than 330,000 students. Third-party evaluations confirm that when schools have the right basic conditions in place and partner with ANet, they achieve 6-8 months of additional learning over a two-year period compared to schools not partnering with ANet.
At ANet we are committed to living out our core values, both across our organization and with our partners. We acknowledge that systemic inequities impact student access to opportunities and that in order to ensure educational equity for all students, we must center on the experiences of those from marginalized communities to guide our work. We work to deepen our understanding of how race, class, power and privilege influence the education system as well as influence our own perspectives. To do so, we provide ongoing learning opportunities through org-wide professional development, affinity groups, working groups, and resource sharing.
ANet seeks a Managing Director, District Coaching Strategy (MD) to serve as a design strategist supporting the creation of tools, resources and training for the System Services Team*. In partnership with the Vice President, System Services and System Coaching Impact Leads, the MD will advance the vision for district-level coaching and strategic support by drawing upon best practices of ANet’s system coaching team, insights from ANet’s partners, and data and research to bring new learnings and insights. The Managing Director, District Coaching Strategy will report to the Coaching Impact Lead, Coaching Strategy.
The MD will ensure the System (District) Services Team meets its outcomes with partners through high quality professional development for the team and targeted support. This job is ideal for someone who has:
● Designed and led professional learning for leaders at a district-level
● Leveraged strong professional learning design principles and evaluation strategies
● Experienced success working across multiple teams within an organization
● Developed approaches to gauge the impact of training and support that drives continuous learning and improvement
● Exhibited a record of success in setting vision, developing and executing on high quality learning trajectories and experiences that lead to consistent and strong practice
● Provided high impact feedback and a design strategist skillset to strengthen coherence and alignment of service offerings, tools and resources.
*The Systems Services team supports District level leadership. System coaches are the team members responsible for providing on the ground support to District level leaders and their teams.
Develop and execute high quality learning trajectories and learning experiences, aligned to the System Services’ team priorities, that lead to strong partner outcomes
● Stay abreast of current trends in the education field and have an eye toward emerging needs to support development of critical skills and knowledge that the team will need to meet evolving partner needs.
● Use quantitative and qualitative data to identify needs, monitor progress, and gauge the impact of support to continue improving our coaching program for system coaches.
● Utilize data to track emergent and ongoing needs of system coaches and identify trends to design supporting tools and resources.
● Leverage coaching observations, video review and coach data as part of a tri-fold structure for coaching support across the system services team to reinforce strengths, support dynamic growth and development and support norming and learning within and across the System Services team.
● Collaborate with the System Services leadership team to support our identified learning priorities and differentiated learning paths for our coaching team.
● Collaborate across teams to ensure that coaching practices support coherence between school and system support.
● Continue to evolve the vision for high quality system coaching at ANet and ensure that training and support reflects that vision.
● Establish trusting, open, motivating, influential relationships with coaches as a foundation for assets-based learning and support.
Design, curate, and align coherent system service coaching tools and resources
● Design an onboarding plan and “playbook” that defines system services approach and practices.
● Organizes internal and external resources and video libraries to ensure coaches and external partners have access to the most up to date high quality practices
● Determine when coaching tools or resources are needed, with an eye towards team members having the materials and resources they need to be successful, avoiding redundancy and increasing coherence.
● Apply exemplary design strategist skills to development of written tools or frameworks ensuring that components are mutually exclusive and collectively exhaustive, align to aims/objectives, and contribute to the coherence and simplicity of existing tools.
● Partner across the Core Model and the Service and Content Teams to influence efforts towards a coherent, simpler, accurate, and as appropriate, differentiated resource base that coaches can draw on.
In order to be successful in this role, candidates must demonstrate the following:
● You bring strong strategic thinking and analytical skills which allow you to assess multiple data points, quickly diagnose needs, and determine solutions.
● You have experience designing and leading learning experiences that result in improved practices.
● You are selective in determining when a tool or framework is needed, but when developing written tools or resources, you are skilled in determining the necessary component parts and creating alignment between objectives, individual pieces, and the coherence of the final product.
● You are a quick learner. You thrive on seeking out and absorbing new information and applying it to a need or challenge; you take a “roll up your sleeves and do the work” approach to tackling new challenges; your habits include reaching out to experts in and out of ANet to inform your best thinking.
● You know how to develop and motivate others towards results by building trusting relationships and providing credible and useful partnership.
● You have deep strength in instructional leadership coaching, supported by years of experience, leading to an ability to quickly add value as a leadership coach in a variety of situations, ideally as an ANet coach.
● You know what excellent instructional practices look like at the classroom, school, and systems level and are knowledgeable about standards-based and data-driven instruction.
● You bring a record of success as a team member working in close partnership with others. You are supportive, responsive, and flexible and thrive working interdependently in an entrepreneurial environment.
● You have a passionate commitment to and a sense of urgency for the support of schools, along with a belief that all students can achieve at high levels.
● You are motivated by working in an environment where we live out our core values daily. You are eager to examine personal archetypes and biases while discussing topics related to race, class, and privilege which relate to ANet’s Advance Equity and People Matter values, and our work towards becoming an anti-racist organization.
Individuals who join ANet have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, values driven, and team-oriented organization that is committed to having impact in schools by investing in each other and learning together. We were named as The NonProfit Times “Best Nonprofits to Work For” and work tirelessly to foster a working environment where the unique perspectives, backgrounds, and identities of our staff members are valued.
ANet offers highly competitive compensation based on prior experience in a similar role and qualifications. We offer comprehensive benefits in order to best support our people. Benefits we offer include: medical, dental and vision insurance where ANet pays 80% of the cost of these benefits for employees and their families/domestic partner; generous paid time-off including 10 paid holidays and paid days off between the Christmas and New Year’s holidays; paid parental leave; retirement plan options; educational expenses reimbursements; flexible spending accounts; professional development; a 401(k) plan with a 4% match; short and long-term disability coverage; and basic life and personal accident insurance. We also offer an inclusive environment where we welcome you to bring your whole self to work every day.
We are now accepting applications for this position, which will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please submit your application online.
ANet has implemented a Mandatory Vaccination Policy, which requires all staff to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or obtain an approval for exemption due to medical or religious reasons prior to commencement of employment unless applicable state or local law provides otherwise.
This role is not intended to be performed in Colorado.
ANet is committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds and gender identities to apply to our positions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.