Manager, Staffing Support
Manager, Staffing Support
Location: Flexible within the United States
Position is available: Immediately
Every student deserves opportunities in life, and every educator committed to providing those opportunities, deserves support. Those beliefs drive us to work alongside schools to support great teaching so that we can work towards guaranteeing that all students are receiving high quality instruction. We partner with over 900 schools - both district and charter - in underserved communities around the country, thus impacting more than 330,000 students. Third-party evaluations confirm that when schools have the right basic conditions in place and partner with ANet, they achieve 6-8 months of additional learning over a two-year period compared to schools not partnering with ANet.
At ANet we are committed to living out our core values, both across our organization and with our partner schools. We acknowledge that systemic inequities impact student access to opportunities and that in order to ensure educational equity for all students, we must center on the experiences of those from marginalized communities to guide our work. We work to deepen our understanding of how race, class, power and privilege influence the education system as well as influence our own perspectives. To do so, we provide ongoing learning opportunities through org-wide professional development, affinity groups, working groups, and resource sharing.
Individuals who join ANet have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, values driven, and team-oriented organization that is committed to having impact in schools by investing in each other and learning together. We were named as The NonProfit Times “Best Nonprofits to Work For” and work tirelessly to foster a working environment where the unique perspectives, backgrounds, and identities of our staff members are valued.
ANet’s Recruitment and Staffing Support Team is looking for a Manager, Staffing Support to support our hiring efforts across the organization. ANet’s ability to achieve educational equity for students is built upon strong, diverse talent who are committed to our mission, values, and anti-racist aspirations. As we plan to grow beyond 225 employees and make nearly 90 hires annually, this Manager will directly impact ANet’s ability to meet the evolving hiring needs of our teams around the country.
Whether hiring an instructional coach or software engineer, this Manager will ensure that equity and anti-racism is at the center of each hiring process. From the moment a new role is posted, you will spend your time engaging with candidates and acting as a crucial thought partner to hiring teams in executing strong search processes. You will leverage your customer service approach and detail orientation to support hiring efforts that not only help to diversify our organization, but that leave candidates feeling valued and hiring teams feeling empowered.
You will report to the Managing Director, Recruitment & Staffing Support and will also work closely with the rest of the Recruitment and Staffing Support Team to meet ambitious hiring targets. Plus, you will serve as part of the national Talent Team which supports ANet’s impact on schools by ensuring that high-performing, diverse professionals join, grow, and thrive in our organization.
● In close partnership with hiring teams, develop and manage equitable and effective hiring processes for open positions
○ Ensure a strong kick-off of searches through thought partnering with and advising hiring teams on topics such as role definition, ideal candidate profile, and optimal hiring process
○ Directly manage candidate assessment at early stages of hiring processes (including application review, first round interviews, etc.) and act as a strategic thought partner to hiring teams as they execute on later stages of hiring processes (final interviews, performance task review, etc.)
○ Manage efficient hiring processes, managing up and across to hold others accountable, while always having an eye for how equity and ANet’s anti-racist standards are being applied at each step
○ Support the logistics of managing a hiring process, including scheduling interviews, preparing interviewing materials, and communicating with members of interviewing teams
○ Act as the main point of contact for candidates throughout the interview process, compellingly demonstrating ANet’s mission and values in each interaction, while serving as an advocate for candidates and candidate experience in your interactions with hiring teams
○ Consistently provide hiring teams with hiring process updates and ensure clean data in Jobvite (our Applicant Tracking System (ATS))
○ Collaborate with the Manager, Recruitment to ensure effective recruitment strategies are in place to build high-quality, diverse pools for your searches
○ Continuously leverage hiring manager feedback and data related to the candidate pool and hiring process to track the success of search engagements, troubleshoot as needed, and prioritize your work
● Support ANet’s overall and long-term talent acquisition strategy as an integral member of the Recruitment & Staffing Support Team
○ Share feedback and ideas to improve our hiring systems and processes that will increase our team’s efficiency and effectiveness in identifying diverse and talented individuals for ANet
○ In collaboration with Recruitment & Staffing Support Team and other stakeholders such as ANet’s Equity & Anti-Oppression Team and the Change Team, identify opportunities to revamp ANet’s hiring process, materials, and policies to ensure alignment with our Advance Equity core value and our work towards becoming an anti-racist organization
○ Collaborate with other members of the Recruitment & Staffing Support Team to provide updates on your searches, share candidates, and problem-solve collaboratively
○ Regularly collect and analyze hiring-related data, sharing the data and insights regularly to monitor individual and team progress to goals
○ Help to facilitate trainings for hiring team members in order to build their capacity to recruit and hire diverse, extraordinary talent for our organization
In order to be successful in this role, candidates must demonstrate the following:
● You are motivated by working in an environment where we live out our core values daily. You are eager to examine personal archetypes and biases while discussing topics related to race, class, and privilege which relate to ANet’s Advance Equity and People Matter values and our work towards becoming an anti-racist organization.
● You have prior experience managing hiring processes, including reviewing applications, interviewing candidates, and working alongside hiring managers; you are committed to embedding equity and ANet’s anti-racism standards into your day to day work and come with prior experience and success applying similar lenses to your previous hiring work
● You have a passionate commitment to and a sense of urgency for the support of schools, along with a belief that all students can achieve at high levels
● You are adept at achieving success through teamwork and collaboration both in-person or virtually; you have a track record of leading projects and processes where you communicated effectively with a variety of stakeholders, held others accountable, and achieved ambitious goals
● You quickly build trust and credibility with others which allows you to move interactions from transactional to true partnerships; your balance of humility and assertiveness helps to push others’ thinking while ensuring stakeholders feel heard and valued
● You bring exceptional attention to detail to everything you do while also knowing how to make thoughtful choices about what to prioritize and what matters most, especially when you have a lot on your plate at once
● You are a learner who is not afraid to tackle new challenges and independently build knowledge and context quickly; you are flexible when working within ambiguity and shifting priorities
● You proactively seek out and analyze data and feedback to inform your day to day work and to identify opportunities to improve you and your team’s work
Ideal candidates may also demonstrate the following preferred qualifications:
● You have prior experience working in the K-12 education space and/or for mission-driven organizations
● You bring experience using database platforms (such as a CRM or ATS platform)
● You bring prior experience working remotely and/or with remote teams
ANet offers highly competitive compensation based on prior experience and qualifications as well as comprehensive benefits in order to best support our people. Benefits we offer include: health, dental and vision insurance where ANet pays 80% of the cost of these benefits for employees and their families/domestic partner; 3 weeks of vacation (4 weeks after two years with ANet); 10 paid holidays with paid days off between the Christmas and New Year’s holidays; a paid floating holiday; paid sick & personal days; paid parental leave; retirement plan options; commuter benefits; tuition reimbursement; flexible spending accounts; short and long-term disability coverage; and basic life and personal accident insurance.
We are now accepting applications for this position, which will be reviewed on a rolling basis. To apply, please click on the blue “Apply” button. You will then be prompted to complete a brief application and upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter in which you outline why you are interested in working for ANet and how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position.
ANet is committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds and gender identities to apply to our positions.