Coaching Impact Lead, Core Model
Location: Flexible within the United States; up to 15% travel
(Travel contingent upon organizational/state/federal regulations)
Position is available: Immediately
WHO WE ARE
Every student deserves opportunities in life, and every educator committed to providing those opportunities deserves support. Those beliefs drive us to work alongside schools to support great teaching so that we can work towards guaranteeing that all students are receiving high quality instruction. We partner with over 900 schools - both district and charter - in underserved communities around the country, thus impacting more than 330,000 students. Third-party evaluations confirm that when schools have the right basic conditions in place and partner with ANet, they achieve 6-8 months of additional learning over a two-year period compared to schools not partnering with ANet.
At ANet we are committed to living out our core values, both across our organization and with our partners. We acknowledge that systemic inequities impact student access to opportunities and that in order to ensure educational equity for all students, we must center on the experiences of those from marginalized communities to guide our work. We work to deepen our understanding of how race, class, power and privilege influence the education system as well as influence our own perspectives. To do so, we provide ongoing learning opportunities through org-wide professional development, affinity groups, working groups, and resource sharing.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Build and retain a cohort of high performing coaches
- Manage coach onboarding strategy, including partner coaching mentorship and development
- Work closely with the Coaching Strategy Team to provide targeted support to coaches as needed
- Lead each coach in setting ambitious and feasible short- and long-term student achievement and school practice goals
- Coach and develop each individual to maximize their impact and to build their long-term leadership capacity
- Ensure strong instructional practices in partner schools through performance management of direct reports, including effective use of data to inform, prioritize, and take action
- Steward a positive team culture that aligns to ANet’s mission and values, specifically Advance Equity and People Matter, and our work towards becoming an anti-racist organization
- Shape the vision for excellence in coaching and service strategy
- Design and execute coach learning and development sessions aligned to the strategic priorities of the Core Model Team
- Ensure strong and engaged relationships with school based partners (i.e. high net promoter and renewal rates) by supporting coaches to set a vision and execute on a client engagement strategy that focuses on retention of existing partners and leads to multi-year high impact partnerships
- Ensure partner satisfaction by building a deep knowledge of the School & System Services Team and collaborate with system and account leads
Partner with and coach school leaders to strengthen equitable instruction and increase student achievement, as needed
- Serve as an instructional leadership coach supporting school-wide change management through building expertise in standards-based data-driven instruction and teacher development
- Analyze student data and use research-based practices to inform an individualized strategy for coaching each school
- Co-coach school partners alongside direct report
- Provide coverage for team members on leave and/or support new partnerships, as needed
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU BRING
- You have have a proven track record of success, including examples of leading a strong team culture and coach development aligned to frameworks for coaching excellence
- You have a clear vision of what breakthrough instruction looks like and bring expertise in leveraging data, standards, and assessments in order to drive instruction
- You are a proven leader who has previously motivated, developed, and managed individuals to achieve ambitious goals. You know how to tailor the support and development of each direct report while building a positive and inclusive collaboration environment
- You are skilled in leveraging your strategic thinking skills to identify opportunities and challenges, articulate root causes, and assess the needs of stakeholders in order to develop an overall vision of success and to make recommendations that will accelerate change
- You have a passionate commitment to and a sense of urgency for the support of schools, along with a belief that all students can achieve at high levels; you believe in the power of formative assessment, coaching, and professional development as critical levers in school improvement
- You are motivated by working in an environment where we live out our core values daily. You are eager to examine personal archetypes and biases while discussing topics related to race, class, and privilege which relate to ANet’s Advance Equity and People Matter values, and our work towards becoming an anti-racist organization
- You have exposure to utilizing Common Core State Standards as an instructor and/or instructional coach
WHAT WE OFFER
Individuals who join ANet have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, values driven, and team-oriented organization that is committed to having impact in schools by investing in each other and learning together. We were named as The NonProfit Times “Best Nonprofits to Work For” and work tirelessly to foster a working environment where the unique perspectives, backgrounds, and identities of our staff members are valued.
ANet offers highly competitive compensation based on prior experience in a similar role and qualifications. We offer comprehensive benefits in order to best support our people. Benefits we offer include: medical, dental and vision insurance where ANet pays 80% of the cost of these benefits for employees and their families/domestic partner; generous paid time-off including 10 paid holidays and paid days off between the Christmas and New Year’s holidays; paid parental leave; retirement plan options; educational expenses reimbursements; flexible spending accounts; professional development; a 401(k) plan with a 4% match; short and long-term disability coverage; and basic life and personal accident insurance. We also offer an inclusive environment where we welcome you to bring your whole self to work every day.
HOW TO APPLY
We are now accepting applications for this position, which will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please submit your application online.
ANet has implemented a Mandatory Vaccination Policy, which requires all staff to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or obtain an approval for exemption due to medical or religious reasons prior to commencement of employment unless applicable state or local law provides otherwise.
This role is not intended to be performed in Colorado.
ANet is committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds and gender identities to apply to our positions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.