Temporary ELA Content Editor
Temporary ELA Content Editor
Location: Flexible within the United States
Position is available: October 2021
WHO WE ARE
Every student deserves opportunities in life, and every educator committed to providing those opportunities deserves support. Those beliefs drive us to work alongside schools to support great teaching so that we can work towards guaranteeing that all students are receiving high quality instruction. We partner with over 900 schools - both district and charter - in underserved communities around the country, thus impacting more than 330,000 students. Third-party evaluations confirm that when schools have the right basic conditions in place and partner with ANet, they achieve 6-8 months of additional learning over a two-year period compared to schools not partnering with ANet.
At ANet we are committed to living out our core values, both across our organization and with our partner schools. We acknowledge that systemic inequities impact student access to opportunities and that in order to ensure educational equity for all students, we must center on the experiences of those from marginalized communities to guide our work. We work to deepen our understanding of how race, class, power and privilege influence the education system as well as influence our own perspectives. To do so, we provide ongoing learning opportunities through org-wide professional development, affinity groups, working groups, and resource sharing.
Individuals who join ANet have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, values driven, and team-oriented organization that is committed to having impact in schools by investing in each other and learning together. We were named as The NonProfit Times “Best Nonprofits to Work For” and work tirelessly to foster a working environment where the unique perspectives, backgrounds, and identities of our staff members are valued.
We are seeking a temporary ELA Content Editor to assist with the review of interim ELA assessments that will be administered across ANet school partners in grades 2–11. In this role, you will review interim assessment passages and item sets for appropriate grade level rigor, alignment to Common Core State Standards, and item level clarity, mechanics, and formatting, and recommend revisions.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Work independently and alongside the ELA Assessment team to ensure ANet interim assessments and supplemental materials are clear, accurate, and professional:
● Review training materials and content guidelines to understand ANet’s process and expectations for edits
● Aid in the revision of ELA interim assessments by thoroughly reviewing assessment booklets, including passages and items, and ensuring clarity, accuracy, and consistency for student administration
● Thoroughly review supplemental materials provided with ELA interim assessments (text complexities and item analysis guides) to ensure they are accurate, comprehensive, and will serve as a resource to enhance teacher understanding and analysis of student work and interim data.
● Provide clear and concise written revisions recommendations with a rationale to support the purpose of each edit
● Be responsive to feedback shared by ANet team members
● Work independently to complete review by the given deadlines; proactively report on progress and escalate inquiries to content team members as needed
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU’LL BRING
In order to be successful in this role, candidates must demonstrate the following:
● You possess a deep understanding of the ELA Common Core State Standards across grade levels and are able to demonstrate how assessment items align to these standards.
● You have knowledge of ELA assessment design principles, including item set design, item rigor, clueing, etc.
● You are able to internalize a variety of internal content design principles and processes related to the production of ELA assessments including working in online platforms and electronically receiving and submitting assignments.
● You possess excellent proofreading skills, strong understanding of grammar and conventions, and close attention to detail.
● You have the ability to meet deadlines while balancing shifting priorities.
● You have strong communication skills, with special attention to giving clear, concise, and actionable feedback remotely through use of shared documents.
WHAT WE OFFER
This is a temporary, virtual position with a duration of one year and the potential to be extended depending on the needs of the team. This project-based position is expected to begin October 2021 and be paid at a rate of $35/hour. Editing assignments are typically presented every 4–6 weeks, as needed (volume of work varies throughout the year), with an expectation of a one-week turnaround (approximately 2-8 hours) to complete.
HOW TO APPLY
We are now accepting applications for this position, which will be reviewed on a rolling basis. To apply, please click on the blue “Apply” button.
ANet is committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds and gender identities to apply to our positions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.