Director, System Partnerships - West Region
Director, System Partnerships - West Region
Location: California or Nevada (Las Vegas strongly preferred) with approximately 50% travel
Position is available: Immediately
Every student deserves opportunities in life, and every educator committed to providing those opportunities, deserves support. Those beliefs drive us to work alongside schools to support great teaching so that we can work towards guaranteeing that all students are receiving high quality instruction. We partner with over 900 schools - both district and charter - in underserved communities around the country, thus impacting more than 330,000 students. Third-party evaluations confirm that when schools have the right basic conditions in place and partner with ANet, they achieve 6-8 months of additional learning over a two-year period compared to schools not partnering with ANet.
At ANet we are committed to living out our core values, both across our organization and with our partner schools. We acknowledge that systemic inequities impact student access to opportunities and that in order to ensure educational equity for all students, we must center on the experiences of those from marginalized communities to guide our work. We work to deepen our understanding of how race, class, power and privilege influence the education system as well as influence our own perspectives. To do so, we provide ongoing learning opportunities through org-wide professional development, affinity groups, working groups, and resource sharing.
Individuals who join ANet have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, values driven, and team-oriented organization that is committed to having impact in schools by investing in each other and learning together. We were named as The NonProfit Times “Best Nonprofits to Work For” and work tirelessly to foster a working environment where the unique perspectives, backgrounds, and identities of our staff members are valued.
We are seeking a roll-up-your sleeves entrepreneur, skilled relationship builder, strong communicator, and systems-level thinker for the Director, System Partnerships role in our West Region. In this role, you will support innovative, system-wide partnerships by building meaningful relationships with district leaders, school leaders, and teachers and driving progress with both internal and external partners through strong project management. You will be responsible for developing and executing strong communication with our system partners and partner organizations, navigating relationships with school leaders to meet goals and influence the type of experience ANet partners have with our instructional tools, and making meaningful connections with school leaders to maximize the use of data to influence instructional change. You will also collaborate regularly with members of the West Region as well as across ANet’s internal matrix, with a particular focus on supporting our systems partnership with Clark County, starting in the 2019-20 school year.
The ideal candidate brings direct experience working in and alongside schools and/or district leadership teams, as well as excellent project management skills and comfort in leveraging data to achieve strong outcomes. This person will need to be highly organized, detail-oriented, entrepreneurial and motivated by having ownership over logistics and execution of work in support of our system partners.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Lead and navigate the internal organization matrix and system structures and dynamics to achieve goals
● Work closely with the regional team (VPR and EDs), internal teams, and system leaders to ensure streamlined implementation planning, programmatic execution, communication, and training.
● Support strong working relationships with key system partners to build an understanding of how the system functions, and prompt conversations, decisions, actions needed to advance goals.
● Coordinate with regional team (VPR and EDs) for alignment of messages, logistics, communication, and workstreams.
● Proactively map implications and contingencies and share relevant information with the network team to set everyone up for success.
Build relationships and understanding of local context, communicate effectively to influence educator practice
● Build relationships with system staff, school leaders, and teachers through outreach, one-on-one meetings, focus groups, school meetings and site-visits.
● Thought partner with educators to better leverage ANet tools aligned to boost student learning.
● Write and lead district communications, in partnership with internal ANet team, to communicate clarity to stakeholders.
● Through understanding of system and partnership with Executive Director, proactively recommend future pathways for partnership
Provide data management and insights
● Support a data-driven team culture through data collection, tracking, and reporting as it relates to relevant system partnership data: regional events, practice tracking, partnership strength surveys, and assessment administration
● Track program against outcomes and a strong project plan, synthesizing projects for stakeholders, teeing up decisions and timelines, flagging challenges, and elevating bright spots
● Manage the execution of our partnership strength surveys as it pertains to unique needs within the district context
● Ensure data is being used to track progress towards goals that are aligned to the systems priorities and actions driving those priorities
Play an integral role in professional learning support
● Coordinating clear communications and effective implementation plans specific to district events; manage internal team and influence district partners towards deadlines and goals
● As needed, serve as facilitator for professional learning experiences for systems, leaders, and teachers
Lead the regional operations and support team:
● Directly manage two regional associates
● Set goals, strategic projects, and expectations for regional associates in partnership with Executive Directors
In order to be successful in this role, candidates must demonstrate the following:
● You have a passionate commitment to and a sense of urgency for the support of schools, along with a belief that all students can achieve at high levels
● You are motivated by working in an environment where we live out our core values daily. You are eager to examine personal archetypes and biases while discussing topics related to race, class, and privilege which relate to ANet’s Advance Equity and People Matter values, and our work towards becoming an anti-racist organization.
● You have a proven track record of achieving goals and driving results, specifically with launching and coordinating complex projects across multiple internal and external stakeholder groups within schools and/or school systems; you have a strong “roll up your sleeves” approach and are able to independently juggle multiple work streams simultaneously
● You know how to read and respond to unspoken and implicit cues as well as excellent communication, presentation, and facilitation skills; you bring high emotional intelligence and an ability to connect with others and drive toward action through strong, clear communicator with key decision-makers
● You bring curiosity to solving complex problems and ability to think boldly to maximize new opportunities using a data-driven approach; you are skilled in quickly identifying symptoms, root causes, and solutions, particularly within complex systems/organizations
● You are energized by managing others and have a track record of supporting and developing others to reach ambitious goals
● You are hungry to learn and improve and see feedback as an opportunity to continuously improve
● You bring a strong understanding of the educational landscape in Clark County School District, with the ability to build context quickly for other system partners in the future
Ideal candidates may also demonstrate the following preferred qualifications:
● You have a track record of success developing adults in the K12 sector; you have a clear vision of what breakthrough instruction looks like and how to get there by using learning standards and data to drive instruction, with working familiarity implementing the Common Core instructional shifts
ANet offers highly competitive compensation based on prior experience and qualifications as well as comprehensive benefits in order to best support our people. Benefits we offer include: health, dental and vision insurance where ANet pays 80% of the cost of these benefits for employees and their families/domestic partner; 3 weeks of vacation (4 weeks after two years with ANet); 10 paid holidays with paid days off between the Christmas and New Year’s holidays; a paid floating holiday; paid sick & personal days; paid parental leave; retirement plan options; commuter benefits; tuition reimbursement; flexible spending accounts; short and long-term disability coverage; and basic life and personal accident insurance.
Applications submitted by Friday, October 25th are guaranteed to be reviewed. Candidates who apply by that deadline will be updated starting the week of October 28th regarding any next steps in the hiring process. To apply, please click on the blue “Apply” button. You will then be prompted to complete a brief application and upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter in which you outline why you are interested in working for ANet and how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position.
ANet is committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds and gender identities to apply to our positions.