Operations Associate, Content Resources
Operations Associate, Content Resources
Location: Flexible to an ANet Office Location (Boston, DC, and NYC preferred)
Position is available: Immediately
Every student deserves opportunities in life, and every educator committed to providing those opportunities, deserves support. Those beliefs drive us to work alongside schools to support great teaching so that we can work towards guaranteeing that all students are receiving high quality instruction. We partner with over 900 schools - both district and charter - in underserved communities around the country, thus impacting more than 330,000 students. Third-party evaluations confirm that when schools have the right basic conditions in place and partner with ANet, they achieve 6-8 months of additional learning over a two-year period compared to schools not partnering with ANet.
At ANet we are committed to living out our core values, both across our organization and with our partner schools. We acknowledge that systemic inequities impact student access to opportunities and that in order to ensure educational equity for all students, we must center on the experiences of those from marginalized communities to guide our work. We work to deepen our understanding of how race, class, power and privilege influence the education system as well as influence our own perspectives. To do so, we provide ongoing learning opportunities through org-wide professional development, affinity groups, working groups, and resource sharing.
Individuals who join ANet have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, values driven, and team-oriented organization that is committed to having impact in schools by investing in each other and learning together. We were named as The NonProfit Times “Best Nonprofits to Work For” and work tirelessly to foster a working environment where the unique perspectives, backgrounds, and identities of our staff members are valued.
The Operations Associate, Content Resources will work closely with the Director, Content & Instructional Resources to find ways to better align the instructional resources we’ve created to the needs of our partner schools. The Associate will spend most of their time managing the operations of our online tools to ensure that instructional resources are available for teachers and leaders as well as our internal coaching teams in an effective and sustainable way. They will also provide strong operational support for internal Assessment, Content, & Resources team meetings, assessment development projects, and other special projects. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to leverage their strong attention to detail and grow their skills in behind-the-scenes operations, all in support of ANet’s mission of educational equity.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Quiz Tool, Standards Tab, & Resource Hub: these three ANet created and managed tools house many resources and are used regularly by schools and are available through ANet’s proprietary myANet platform. This role will execute on the maintenance and updating of these spaces.
● In collaboration with the Director, Content & Instructional Resources, maintain an inventory system to track and organize updates to the Resource Hub and Standards Tab, eventually informing the short and long term needs of each platform
● Learn about and leverage data (e.g. Google analytics, Pendo etc.) to gather and share user data trends across platforms (e.g. search terms, downloads, click rates)
● Help maintain, troubleshoot, and update resources available via the school facing standards tab, elevating opportunities, risks, or recommending alternative pathways for supporting a strong user experience
● Serve as a point of contact for fielding or redirecting questions on resource spaces, working with the Director to track questions and building FAQ responses to reference over time
● Execute on established Quiz Tool content strategy, supporting proofreading and loading new items into the tool, helping teams review or provide feedback, managing permissions or vendor agreements as relevant
● Support communication of product changes or tech updates of various platforms across teams
● Consult with with cross-team stakeholders as needed to build background knowledge of assessments, standards, and coaching practices
Team and Meeting Operations
● Oversee logistics (e.g. scheduling, note taking, setting up virtual communication systems, provisioning materials, survey building and data tracking, etc.) for all team meetings and inform each session’s content and structure
● Support team comradery by managing the culture budget and planning for innovative ways to feel connected (e.g. swag, food, team meetings, etc.)
● Own the scheduling and operations of quarterly internal network team learning calls hosted by our team over the year
● Own the planning and execution of obtaining and maintaining permissions for all assessment texts
● Liaise and plan with cross-team stakeholders from the ELA Assessment team, finance, and legal counsel to ensure a smooth and timely process of confirming and tracking all permissions agreements, invoices, and payments
● Recommend methods for optimizing work and data management year over year, to include elevating when agreement terms have changed or fallen outside of desired/trending cost ranges
In order to be successful in this role, candidates must demonstrate the following:
● You believe in ANet’s mission and share our passion for increasing opportunities for children in underserved communities while operating with a sense of urgency in the support of schools
● You are motivated by working in an environment where we live out our core values daily.
● You are eager to examine personal archetypes and biases while discussing topics related to race, class, and privilege which relate to ANet’s Advance Equity and People Matter values, and our work towards becoming an anti-racist organization.
● You are excited by the opportunity to work across a broad team, seeking input and feedback from many colleagues while simultaneously supporting them to do their best work
● You are eager to set goals for your own professional development and proactively seek out opportunities to learn and grow
● You manage your time effectively to reach goals, meet deadlines, and track progress, even when managing multiple tasks simultaneously
● You are flexible and proactively adjust to challenges, seeking guidance as needed
● You are clear in your verbal and written communication with both internal and external stakeholders
● You sweat the small stuff and have exceptional attention to detail
Ideal candidates may also demonstrate the following preferred qualifications:
● You have technical proficiency with Adobe Acrobat and Google Suite of tools
● You bring comfort evaluating qualitative and/or quantitative data to surface conclusions
● You have prior experience serving in a role with operations as part of the work
ANet offers highly competitive compensation based on prior experience and qualifications as well as comprehensive benefits in order to best support our people. Benefits we offer include: health, dental and vision insurance where ANet pays 80% of the cost of these benefits for employees and their families/domestic partner; 3 weeks of vacation (4 weeks after two years with ANet); 10 paid holidays with paid days off between the Christmas and New Year’s holidays; a paid floating holiday; paid sick & personal days; paid parental leave; retirement plan options; commuter benefits; tuition reimbursement; flexible spending accounts; short and long-term disability coverage; and basic life and personal accident insurance.
We are now accepting applications for this position, which will be reviewed on a rolling basis. To apply, please click on the blue “Apply” button. You will then be prompted to complete a brief application and upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter in which you outline why you are interested in working for ANet and how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position.
ANet is committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds and gender identities to apply to our positions.