Manager, Talent Acquisition
Manager, Talent Acquisition
Location: Flexible within the United States
Position is available: Immediately
Every student deserves opportunities in life, and every educator committed to providing those opportunities deserves support. Those beliefs drive us to work alongside schools to support great teaching so that we can work towards guaranteeing that all students are receiving high quality instruction. We partner with over 900 schools - both district and charter - in underserved communities around the country, thus impacting more than 330,000 students. Third-party evaluations confirm that when schools have the right basic conditions in place and partner with ANet, they achieve 6-8 months of additional learning over a two-year period compared to schools not partnering with ANet.
At ANet we are committed to living out our core values, both across our organization and with our partner schools. We acknowledge that systemic inequities impact student access to opportunities and that in order to ensure educational equity for all students, we must center on the experiences of those from marginalized communities to guide our work. We work to deepen our understanding of how race, class, power and privilege influence the education system as well as influence our own perspectives. To do so, we provide ongoing learning opportunities through org-wide professional development, affinity groups, working groups, and resource sharing.
Individuals who join ANet have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, values driven, and team-oriented organization that is committed to having impact in schools by investing in each other and learning together. We were named as The NonProfit Times “Best Nonprofits to Work For” and work tirelessly to foster a working environment where the unique perspectives, backgrounds, and identities of our staff members are valued.
We are seeking a Talent Acquisition Manager to lead full-cycle recruitment and serve as part of the national Talent Team which supports ANet’s impact on schools by ensuring that high-performing, diverse professionals join, grow, and thrive in our organization.
The Talent Acquisition Manager will ensure that equity and anti-racism is at the center of each hiring process by being a strategic thought partner with hiring teams to execute an equitable and efficient search process. The Talent Acquisition Manager will align to hiring best practices and identify new and innovative recruitment strategies and processes to find and attract diverse talent. The ideal candidate for this role is motivated by relationship-building with diverse, values-aligned professionals and matchmaking prospective candidates to mission-critical staffing needs across our organization.
You will report to the Director of Talent Acquisition, and will work closely with the Talent Team to meet ambitious hiring targets.
Actively recruit, assess, and shepherd talent (external-facing)
● Serve as an ambassador for ANet by building networks and leveraging relationships across the education sector
● Ensure effective recruitment strategies are activated to build high-quality, diverse candidate pools. Proactively and creatively source and cultivate top talent from multiple channels including referrals, research, and active sourcing.
● Manage candidate experience (logistics, scheduling, communications, etc.) as the point of contact throughout the hiring process
● Assess candidate application materials including initial resume screen, video interviews, and performance tasks
● Manage external vendor and/or partner relationships and identify future relationship opportunities that will help us meet our hiring targets and attract candidates
● Facilitate equitable and effective hiring processes aligned with ANet’s equity and anti-racist standards
Provide in-house recruitment and selection leadership (internal-facing)
● Lead an average of 25 searches annually alongside hiring managers across teams
● Continuously build understanding of ANet’s roles, teams, and strategic priorities to develop a deep understanding of team functions and needs, and to engage with prospects and candidates in a meaningful way
● Serve as a guide and advisor to hiring managers and selection teams from start to finish of each search
● Design interview materials, build assessment criteria rubrics, and project manage searches to completion
● Partner closely with the Talent Team to align talent acquisition, human resources, and talent development strategies, while leveraging search-related data to identify trends, insights, and opportunities for growth
In order to be successful in this role, candidates must demonstrate the following:
● You have prior experience managing the talent acquisition process, including identifying team needs and ideal candidate profile, full-cycle recruitment and selection, steering hiring managers from inception through hire, and using CRM and/or ATS platforms.
● You bring prior experience within a mission-driven organization. You are committed to embedding equity and ANet’s anti-racism policy into your recruitment and selection work.
● You are a problem solver and systems thinker. You can design and manage processes that bring clarity and consistency from disparate inputs and stakeholders. You have strong project management skills that allow you to drive innovations forward.
● You are a learner who is flexible when working in new and/or ambiguous situations. You are excited to tackle new challenges independently and collaboratively to continuously build knowledge, context and skill. You are eager to understand the nuance of ANet’s broad range of roles and what it takes to be successful in each one.
● You quickly build trust and credibility with others allowing you to move interactions from transactional to partnership. Your balance of humility and assertiveness helps to push others’ thinking while ensuring stakeholders feel heard and valued.
● You proactively seek out and analyze data and feedback to inform your work and identify opportunities that drive individual and collective team impact.
ANet offers highly competitive compensation based on prior experience and qualifications as well as comprehensive benefits in order to best support our people. Benefits we offer include: health, dental and vision insurance where ANet pays 80% of the cost of these benefits for employees and their families/domestic partner; generous paid time-off including: vacation, 10 paid holidays with paid days off between the Christmas and New Year’s holidays, a paid floating holiday, paid sick & personal days; paid parental leave; retirement plan options; commuter benefits; tuition reimbursement; flexible spending accounts; short and long-term disability coverage; and basic life and personal accident insurance.
We are now accepting applications for this position, which will be reviewed on a rolling basis. To apply, please click on the blue “Apply” button.
This role is not intended to be performed in Colorado.
ANet is committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds and gender identities to apply to our positions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.