Coaching Impact Lead, System Services
Coaching Impact Lead, System Services
Location: Flexible within the United States; up to 15% travel
(Travel contingent upon organizational/state/federal regulations)
Position is available: Immediately
Every student deserves opportunities in life, and every educator committed to providing those opportunities deserves support. Those beliefs drive us to work alongside schools to support great teaching so that we can work towards guaranteeing that all students are receiving high quality instruction. We partner with over 900 schools - both district and charter - in underserved communities around the country, thus impacting more than 330,000 students. Third-party evaluations confirm that when schools have the right basic conditions in place and partner with ANet, they achieve 6-8 months of additional learning over a two-year period compared to schools not partnering with ANet.
At ANet we are committed to living out our core values, both across our organization and with our partner schools. We acknowledge that systemic inequities impact student access to opportunities and that in order to ensure educational equity for all students, we must center on the experiences of those from marginalized communities to guide our work. We work to deepen our understanding of how race, class, power, and privilege influence the education system as well as influence our own perspectives. To do so, we provide ongoing learning opportunities through professional development, affinity groups, working groups, and resource sharing.
Individuals who join ANet have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, values-driven, and team-oriented organization that is committed to having impact in schools by investing in each other and learning together. We were named in The NonProfit Times’ “Best Nonprofits to Work For” and work tirelessly to foster a working environment where the unique perspectives, backgrounds, and identities of our staff members are valued.
We are seeking a Coach Impact Lead of System Services to lead, develop and manage a cohort of up to 6 coaches, while delivering on partner-facing engagements that build the capacity of system leaders. In this role you work alongside the System Services leadership team to build and evolve a vision for coaching system-level leaders by drawing upon best practices, research/data, insights from our team and ANet partners. The ideal candidate has a track record of success leading and developing effective teams, a deep understanding of how to build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and experience working at the system-level leading academic initiatives. The Coach Impact Lead will report to the Vice President of System Services.
Build and retain a cohort of high performing coaches
● Stay abreast of current and emerging trends in the education field to inform knowledge and skills the coach team will need to effectively support partners now and in the future
● Lead each coach in setting ambitious and feasible short- and long-term system partnership goals
● Coach and develop each individual to maximize their impact and to build their long-term leadership capacity
● Ensure strong practices in system partnerships through performance management of direct reports, including effective use of data to inform, prioritize, and take action
● Steward a positive team culture that aligns to ANet’s mission and values, specifically in relation to our Advance Equity and People Matter core values and our work towards becoming an anti-racist organization
Provide excellent system level coaching support to partners
● Serve as a credible partner in conversations with district and school leadership teams to determine what leaders can do to accelerate impact in schools.
● Support leaders’ planning and communication of key strategies and initiatives to strengthen instruction system-wide.
● Support, implementation and progress tracking of high-quality, standards-aligned instructional materials and provide thought-partnership to address implementation challenges such that systems are able to achieve their instructional vision.
● Design and deliver professional learning on-site or virtually to system leaders and system teams that builds their capacity and drives towards targeted outcomes.
● Utilize guidance from leading education entities to support strong academic planning.
Drive the short- and long-term vision for excellent service
● Shape the vision for excellence in system coaching and our service strategy as a member of the system services leadership team alongside the Vice President of System Services and Managing Director, Coaching Strategy
● Build your expertise on strong system coaching practices and provide coaching development and support, alongside the Managing Director, Coaching Strategy, to ensure high-quality coaching of the defined System Services team offerings
● Support strong execution of your team’s work through identifying and/or designing essential tools and resources across the team
● Share insights internally about what we’ve learned system-level leadership teams can do to support strong standards-based data-driven instruction
● Collaborate across cross-functional leadership groups to inform and influence the evolution of our system service offerings and elevate strong practices and accelerate collective impact
● Lead strategic initiatives for service line learning and development as co-designed with the Vice President of System Services
Develop and execute high quality learning trajectories and experiences for coaches that lead to outcomes
● Provide side by side support to new System Service team members as they onboard into their role
● Work closely with the Managing Director, Coaching Strategy to provide in-depth and targeted ongoing support and professional development to coaches
● Execute and capture coaching interactions for internal training and development purposes
● Operate as a stand-in coach who can provide coverage for team members on leave and/or support new partners to avoid late start gaps
● Support design and execution of coach learning and development sessions aligned to the strategic priorities of the service line and System Service team needs
In order to be successful in this role, candidates must demonstrate the following:
● You are a proven system leader who has previously motivated, developed, and managed individuals to achieve ambitious goals. You know how to tailor the support and development of each direct report while building a positive and inclusive collaboration environment.
● You have a clear vision of what breakthrough instructional practices look like at the classroom, school, and systems level and are knowledgeable about standards- and data-driven instruction.
● You bring strong strategic thinking and analytical skills which allow you to assess multiple data points, quickly diagnose needs, and determine solutions.
● You know how to develop and motivate others towards results by building trusting relationships and providing credible and useful partnership.
● You have deep strength in instructional leadership coaching, supported by years of experience, leading to an ability to quickly add value as a leadership coach in a variety of situations.
● You are a “people developer” and have demonstrated expertise in improving leadership practices through one-on-one coaching and/or through designing and leading learning experiences.
● You are a quick learner: you thrive on seeking out and absorbing new information and applying it to a need or challenge; you take a “roll up your sleeves and do the work” approach to tackling new challenges; your habits include reaching out to internal and external experts to inform your best thinking.
● You have a passionate commitment to and a sense of urgency for the support of system and school leaders, along with a belief that all students can achieve at high levels; you believe in the power of formative assessment, coaching, and professional development as critical levers in school improvement.
● You are motivated by working in an environment where we live out our core values daily. You are eager to examine personal archetypes and biases while discussing topics related to race, class, and privilege which relate to ANet’s Advance Equity and People Matter values, and our work towards becoming an anti-racist organization.
ANet offers highly competitive compensation based on prior experience and qualifications as well as comprehensive benefits in order to best support our people. Benefits we offer include: health, dental and vision insurance where ANet pays 80% of the cost of these benefits for employees and their families/domestic partner; 3 weeks of vacation (4 weeks after two years with ANet); 10 paid holidays with paid days off between the Christmas and New Year’s holidays; a paid floating holiday; paid sick & personal days; paid parental leave; retirement plan options; commuter benefits; tuition reimbursement; flexible spending accounts; short and long-term disability coverage; and basic life and personal accident insurance.
We are now accepting applications for this position, which will be reviewed on a rolling basis. To apply, please click on the blue “Apply” button.
ANet is committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds and gender identities to apply to our positions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.