Registered Nurse Supervisor
AccentCare, Inc.® is a national post-acute healthcare provider with 45 years of industry experience. We thrive on providing patient-centric care and a warm and personalized experience within our local communities.
Your Success is our Success. We strive to provide new employees with a structured on-boarding process to help you become assimilated quickly, and cutting-edge tools to make your daily work easier and more efficient. We offer extensive training and a wide-array of opportunities for continued education and promotional opportunities.
Position: Bilingual Registered Nurse Field Supervisor Home Care
As an RN Field Supervisor you will:
- Give and interpret the patient information documents i.e. admission packet, plan of care, advance directives, Bill of Rights, consents, patient education.
- Provide patient/families with information regarding agency services, fees, Bill of Rights, Advance Directives and agency policies.
- Communicate with referrers/discharge planners to review eligibility for agency services and to develop and coordinate the plan of care.
- Provide assessment of newly referred patients, assess health needs and eligibility for home care. Obtain patient’s medical history, particularly as it relates to the patient’s present condition.
- Identify the appropriate level of care required by the patient. Ensure the environment is conducive to the provision of home care.
- Develop an individualized Plan of Care for the patient based on needs and findings of the nursing assessment.
- Coordinate all care and services provided to the patient.
- Communicate findings with the patient’s physician and obtain verbal orders as necessary. Develop and implement treatment plans on conjunction with the patient’s authorized medical practitioner.
- Initiate written Medical Orders and written reports to the patient’s physician, as necessary.
- As necessary, conduct home visits to provide intermittent nursing services, such as pre-fill medication container.
- Monitor the patient’s medication regimen for drug-drug/drug-food interactions, side effects and adverse reactions.
- Perform patient re-assessments in the home. Reassess patient needs for services on a continual basis and discuss any changed in the plan of treatment with patient physician/family.
- Review reports from all involved disciplined, re-evaluating needs and Supervise all involved disciplines in the plan of care. Conduct on-site competency review as part of supervision activities.
- Prepare written documentation and summaries of the patient’s status and progress as needed for continuation of home health services. Document accurately and completely in the patient’s clinical record. Conference with all clinical and scheduling staff to assure continuity of patient care.
- Become familiar with all resources necessary to provide a complete managed care program for the patient, e.g., respiratory, DME, etc.
- Initiate referrals for other services or community resources as needed.
- Maintain updated professional knowledge and participate in patient education programs to ensure optimum quality of patient care. Participate in the agency’s in-service program. Provide in-service education to professional/paraprofessional staff.
- Participate in the agency’s CQI Program, annual policy/procedure review, as requested. Perform Quality Improvement duties, completes audits, evaluated results with DON recommendations for quality improvement.
- Perform annual field visits/evaluations on para-professional and nursing personnel.
- Submit all required documentation, reports timely, i.e. daily visit tally, patient reports, clinical record entries etc.
- Conduct aide competency reviews.
- Consult with DON to maintain the highest quality care. Report significant occurrences to the DON relating to patient care.
- Review and respond to complaints, grievances and incidents.
- Interpret and reinforce agency policy and procedures to professional and paraprofessional staff.
- Provide 24-hour on-call coverage on a rotation basis.
Requirements of Qualified Candidates:
- Current New York State License as a Registered Professional Nurse
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing or a related health or human services field, desired
- Bi-Lingual in Spanish required
- One year experience in the provision of nursing care in an acute care facility
- One year satisfactory Nursing experience in Home Care, desired
- Thorough knowledge of the scope of practice of professional and paraprofessional healthcare
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to speak effectively before customers/patients or employees of the agency
- Ability to perform mathematical operations as related to medication calculations, unites of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance
- Good organizational writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starting: Must be productive with minimal direction
- Dependable: Able to work independently and consistently meet or exceed performance standards
- Adaptable: Able to adjust work and communication style based on situational needs