AccentCare, Inc.® is a national post-acute healthcare provider with 45 years of industry experience. We thrive on providing patient-centric care and a warm and personalized experience within our local communities.
Your Success is our Success. We strive to provide new employees with a structured on-boarding process to help you become assimilated quickly, and cutting-edge tools to make your daily work easier and more efficient. We offer extensive training and a wide-array of opportunities for continued education and promotional opportunities.
Position: Staff Accountant
Reports to: Assistant Controller
As a Staff Accountant you will:
- Focus on Operations and related sub-systems results – supports the monthly accounting and weekly processes and presents the period results and variance and trend analysis to top management. Ensure assigned accounts and roll-forwards are timely reconciled and all balances appropriately stated.
- Support the primary accounting interface with Region Management and related office management including: Record weekly payroll entries and pull invoices, research issues for offices.
- Update AP and provide reports, weekly.
- Prepare account reconciliations as assigned.
- Follow up on office charges for equipment rentals, leases, service contracts, STD PPD items, as needed.
- Maintain issues and follow up logs.
- Provide explanations on variances in trends and budgets.
- Prepare accounting reports for departmental management and federal agencies as needed.
- Conduct cost studies and installs cost allocation plans.
- Customer/results focused high achiever, delivers on commitments. Desire to champion best practices.
- Good analytical, organizational, verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Team player with a cooperative attitude.
Requirements of Qualified Candidates:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Two years’ experience as a Staff Accountant in a company with $100+ million in revenue, CPA or CPA Candidacy preferred
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and accounting
- Ability to utilize MS Excel to create pivot tables, utilize advanced formulas, v-lookups and macros
- Experience using Great Plains, Workday, General Dynamics and FRX Reporter software
- Experience working in a multi-unit service industries or healthcare environment