Medical Records Supervisor
AccentCare, Inc.® is a national post-acute healthcare provider with 45 years of industry experience. We thrive on providing patient-centric care and a warm and personalized experience within our local communities.
Your Success is our Success. We strive to provide new employees with a structured on-boarding process to help you become assimilated quickly, and cutting-edge tools to make your daily work easier and more efficient. We offer extensive training and a wide-array of opportunities for continued education and promotional opportunities. Apply at http://jobs.jobvite.com/accentcare
Position: Medical Records Supervisor | HCHB
Reports to: Medical Records Manager
As a Medical Records Supervisor you will:
- Be responsible for supervising the procurement, organization, and maintenance of documents necessary for accurate business and clinical processes.
- Ensure workflow tasks are processed timely.
- Serve as a resource to clerical staff and identify next steps in problem resolution.
- Communicate with local branch leaders to resolve concerns regarding medical records
- Be responsible for day-to-day management of the medical records
- Partner with the Director to monitor results of the medical records team to ensure critical documents are processed in accordance with internal/external customer expectations.
- Process orders to physician.
- Follow up on unsigned orders within required timeframes and notify management if unable to obtain.
- Process F2F documents to physician.
- Follow up on F2F documents within required timeframes and notify management if unable to obtain.
- Process missed visit notifications to physician.
- Transmit End of Episode Summary report to physician.
- Transmit Episode Summary report to hospital if required.
- Print medication list and signed consent form for delivery to patient, as applicable.
- Verify receipt of admission documents and notify management when documents have not been received timely.
- Work with Business Specialist to promptly obtain missing documents for pre-billing audit.
- Scan documents or forward an electronic copy to Central medical records in preparation for the indexing process.
- Ensure records are kept organized.
- Verify receipt of discharge documents and notify management when documents have not been received timely.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service and effective communication skills.
- Maintain the confidentiality of patient and organization information at all times.
- Resubmit faxes that fail in transmission.
- Process electronic workflow, coordination notes, and administrative tasks within the required timeframes.
Requirements of Qualified Candidates:
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Two years of supervisory experience
- Must have 2 years of Home Health experience
- Minimum two years of experience working with electronic medical records in a medical service setting
- Billing experience required
- Strong computer skills
- Maintain confidentiality
- Interact and maintain good working relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds
- Communicate efficiently and effectively both verbally and in writing
- Carry out multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Follow instructions furnished in verbal or written format
- Detail oriented