Bilingual Electronic Visit Verification Coordinator
AccentCare, Inc.® is a national post-acute healthcare provider with 45 years of industry experience. We thrive on providing patient-centric care and a warm and personalized experience within our local communities.
Your Success is our Success. We strive to provide new employees with a structured on-boarding process to help you become assimilated quickly, and cutting-edge tools to make your daily work easier and more efficient. We offer extensive training and a wide-array of opportunities for continued education and promotional opportunities.
Position: Bilingual Electronic Visit Verification Coordinator
As an Bilingual EVV Coordinator you will:
- Be responsible for the Electronic Visit Verification process, in accordance the New York State Office of the Medicaid Inspector General (OMIG). This includes: Reconciling telephone calls and timecards; adjusting schedules to reflect actual hours rendered; reviewing timesheets based on requested, approved and recommended service hours; and monitoring and resolving daily alerts/unbalance hours.
- Review Conflict of Hours reports and investigate incidents with other vendors. Notify Patient Care Coordinators of discrepancies in approved service hours. Prepare and execute disciplinary action as needed.
- Be responsible for timely and accurate claims processing, account reconciliation and related reporting functions.
- Ensure documentation and timeliness of information input into the billing system.
- Conduct weekly processing of billing performed in a timely manner. Verify accuracy of billing rates and interface with referral sources, payers and clients regarding billing questions/issues.
- Prepare and audit all entries in the payroll/billing files before transactions are posted for billing. Assure transactions meet accounting deadlines and requirements.
- Prepare all information needed for payroll preparation — rates, hours, travel time, etc. --— from the EMR system, meeting criteria for timeliness and accuracy.
- Maintain client and care partner rates in the EMR system.
- Reconcile payroll reports against time sheets and verification reports. Prepare payroll adjustments for caregivers.
- Train, advise and counsel Care Partners on the Agency’s telephony, EVV and time card policies and procedures. Prepare and execute disciplinary action as appropriate.
- Prepare reports and conduct special projects as needed. Participate in all audit activities.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including, but not limited to the Compliance Program: Code of Conduct, HIPAA and Documentation Standards.
- Maintain a commitment to the values and mission of AccentCare.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department
Requirements of Qualified Candidates:
- High school diploma or GED
- Associate’s degree preferred
- 1 – 3 years related experience
- Fundamental working knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures for billing, payroll, and Electronic Visit Verification process and be able to apply knowledge in various situations
- Intermediate project/process management – be able to organize the planning process, develop project schedules including tasks, accountabilities and deadlines, anticipate problems with little direction/assistance
- Intermediate computer and technical skills – able to create moderately complex documents, spreadsheet analysis models and graphics
- Intermediate office/administrative support – be able to draft, edit, proofread internal and external correspondence, file, ensure files are organized, maintain calendars as appropriate with little direction
- Effective internal and external collaboration with all levels
- Persuasive techniques to gain cooperation, acceptance and agreement on business matters
- Ability to manage a diverse team (clinical & non-clinical) that directly or indirectly impacts business processes
- Customer service focused, including the ability to create an atmosphere that encourages an open dialogue about the internal and external customer’s needs
- Ability to maintain composure in addressing stressful and/ challenging situations
- Ability to assess situations and assist in conflict resolution
- Strong telephone, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate with internal and external customers
- Detail oriented, with strong organization skills
- Intermediate knowledge and skills in the use of computers and software programs
- Knowledge of pertinent state, federal, and local regulatory requirements