Patient Care Coordinator
AccentCare, Inc.® is a national post-acute healthcare provider with 45 years of industry experience. We thrive on providing patient-centric care and a warm and personalized experience within our local communities.
Your Success is our Success. We strive to provide new employees with a structured on-boarding process to help you become assimilated quickly, and cutting-edge tools to make your daily work easier and more efficient. We offer extensive training and a wide-array of opportunities for continued education and promotional opportunities.
Position: Patient Care Coordinator - Bilingual Required
As a Bilingual Patient Care Coordinator you will:
- Be responsible for the supervision of personal care workers assigned to his/her patients to ensure quality of service.
- Adhere to all AccentCare, Inc. and Vendor Policies and Procedures, and communicate all pertinent information to appropriate others as may be necessary.
- Be responsible for client intake and assessments. Accept or reject cases based on patient needs, availability of skill sets, time and/or location.
- Assign and schedule appropriate workers to clients as required. Adjusts worker assignments as necessary for them to fulfill their annual regulatory requirements.
- Manage contact with client, families, and loved ones, hospital discharge planners, and other agencies regarding client’s needs and concerns. Provide accurate and timely communication regarding patients to the appropriate parties based on the situation.
- Troubleshoot issues in the home between the client and the personal care worker.
- Document client/worker issues via Incident Reports or Unusual Occurrence Reports. Recommend disciplinary action and remediation.
- Conduct performance appraisals for workers, at least once per year.
- Attend third step grievances, unemployment hearings and workers’ compensation hearings as needed.
- Supervise client services to ensure client needs are successfully met and plan of care are being followed.
- Monitor and resolves daily attendance and electronic visit verification issues (verify visits; check time and attendance exception reports, handle no shows, unbalanced hours, etc.).
- Participate in case conferences; regulatory and vendor audits; OMIG Conflict of Hours investigations; and other activities as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring cost effective care through optimal utilization of agency services and community/family resources.
- Communicate effectively with RN Field Supervisors and Case Managers to ensure outstanding service quality. Recommend changes to plans of care when necessary.
- Maintain confidentiality of all patient information.
- Supervise personal care workers assigned to their area.
- Responsible for handling patient, patients’ family and related issues/complaints.
- Recommend appropriate action for patient issues, ie: RN visit, change of personal care worker, change in hours, vendor change, etc.
- Document complaints against personal care workers. Write up any incident involving the client and/or the personal care worker, as necessary. Participate in investigations with the Branch Manager and Human Resources. Recommend appropriate disciplinary action (ie: re-training, suspension, termination, etc.).
Requirements of Qualified Candidates:
- High School graduate or equivalent, some college preferred
- Fluent Bilingual in Spanish and English languages required
- Minimum 3 – 4 year’s experience in Home Care, customer service experience in patient care highly preferred
- Must have valid proof of identification and employment authorization
- Must have good command of the English language both written and oral