Home Health Clinical Improvement Nurse
AccentCare® is a national post-acute healthcare provider with 45 years of industry experience. We thrive on providing patient-centric care and a warm and personalized experience within our local communities.
Your Success is our Success. We strive to provide our new employees with a structured on-boarding process to help you become assimilated quickly, and cutting-edge tools to make your daily work easier and more efficient. We offer extensive training and a wide-array of opportunities for continued education and promotional opportunities.
Position: Clinical Improvement Nurse
Reports To: Director of Patient Care Services
As a Clinical Improvement Nurse you will:
- Be responsible for assisting in planning, organizing, and implementing quality nursing management and care delivery to ensures compliance with state, federal and accreditation standards for assigned agencies. This position promotes commitment to the corporate and subsidiary standards, policies, and procedures. The position assists in the monitoring of clinical processes and the establishment of procedures to reduce identified problem areas; in clinical standardization for effective and appropriate reimbursement practices for AccentCare Home with corporate staff, agency personnel and reimbursement personnel to assure consistent performance of practice across the division as well as advise or recommend solutions for improvement, using knowledge of theory, principles or technology.
- Assist agencies in developing and maintaining standardized procedures that provide for an independent, impartial, and objective system of surveys, clinical audits, and reviews for use by Operations and AccentCare managers by identifying strengths and weaknesses and recommending procedures, data collection tools, and reporting and follow-up processes for surveys and reviews; determine the best metrics for evaluating success; and assist agencies in developing quality plans to facilitate change and compliance with company and accreditation standards as well as state and federal regulations.
- Ensure quality standards are met by instructing and directing staff in developing and using QI data, collection procedures, analysis methods, and systems; identify corporate resources and support for agency staff; develop clinical programs and training material; instruct agency personnel on compliance standards and best practices in the generation of appropriate, accurate, and thorough documentation of patient care; and create training programs, materials, and implementation schedule to meet agency goals.
- Develop and implement clinical and business management systems to promote adherence to applicable legal requirements, standards, policies, and procedures as well as interdisciplinary approach to holistic care.
- Monitor OBQ/OBQM status of agencies as reported in CMS/SHP postings and implement strategies for performance improvement; recommend new or improved organizational systems with a quality improvement approach. Monitor PCS quality metrics such as fill rate and client satisfaction data.
Requirements of Qualified Candidates:
- Minimum 5 years of health care experience
- Minimum 2 years of Home Health experience that includes quality measures or audit functions. PCS support required minimum of 2 years of personal care experience that includes audit functions and service delivery role.
- Current RN license in practicing state.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree preferred.
- Firm working knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures and ability to use in varied situations
- Knowledge of regulatory standards for the home health industry, quality improvement, utilization review, and risk management
- Able to some advanced skills that allow employee to adapt and meet some complex or non-routine situations
- Strong project/process management skills with the ability to influence and problem solve
- Ability to create complex documents, spreadsheet analysis models, and advanced graphics
- Excellent ability to draft, edit, and proofread internal and external correspondence, ensure files are organized, manage electronic schedule as appropriate
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-task environment with competing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal/listening skills and demonstrated relationship building skills
- Possess a responsible, detail-oriented, results-driven work ethic