Associate Director, Supply Chain Planning
Acceleron is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapeutics to treat serious and rare diseases. Acceleron’s leadership in the understanding of TGF-beta superfamily biology and protein engineering generates innovative compounds that engage the body's ability to regulate cellular growth and repair.
Acceleron focuses its research and development efforts in hematologic and pulmonary diseases. In hematology, Acceleron and its global collaboration partner, Bristol Myers Squibb, are co-promoting newly approved REBLOZYL® (luspatercept-aamt), the first and only approved erythroid maturation agent, in the United States and are developing luspatercept for the treatment of chronic anemia in myelodysplastic syndromes and myelofibrosis. Acceleron is also developing sotatercept for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension, having recently reported positive topline results of the Phase 2 PULSAR trial and actively enrolling patients in the Phase 2 SPECTRA trial.
What’s in it for you?
Acceleron is seeking an Associate Director, Operations Planning to establish a robust supply planning model for product commercialization and is responsible for ensuring uninterrupted drug supply across the entire global drug supply network. This position is the key interface between Supply Chain and Commercial that will foster alignment of the sales plans & strategy with the production capabilities and supply plans by leading the S&OP process, delivering optimized long-range capacity plans, and developing optimum inventory policies. You will develop and maintain strong collaborative and cooperative working relationships with team members across different functions and at different levels within the organization to create and communicate end-to-end supply/demand requirements. The position requires a goal-oriented individual who is a positive influence and true collaborator that embraces change, possesses a continuous improvement mindset, and has the passion for exceeding company and customer expectations.
What will you be doing?
- Understand and translate clinical study requirements into demand for drug substance and drug product for individual and collective studies for each development program. Oversee forecasting, planning and delivery of products to meet market demands
- Support end to end supply chain business processes which include Demand Planning and Forecasting, Expediting, Supply Planning, Master Scheduling and Inventory Management.
- Develop and implement a qualification/validated software solution technology for forecasting and planning of Clinical/Commercial Supply Chain pipeline
- Partner with Clinical Operations and Commercial to identify demand assumptions, such as enrollment rate, number of sites, number of countries, sales forecasts, and launch planning to develop supply requirement plans.
- Analyze data to make recommendations on change control implementations, adjustments to minimum, maximum, and target inventory levels, and other critical operational decisions.
- Engage stakeholders, ensure cross-functional alignment, and facilitate internal and external communication
- Identify critical path risks and escalate issues for timely resolution
- As a subject matter expert, lead and influence functional partners in system, process and organizational changes and improvements.
- Develop supply/demand models based on process development, scale-up, change control, and regulatory activities
- Provide decision support, scenario planning, and operations optimization based on process yields, lead-times, capacity analysis, and product expiry
- Generate supply plans for Key Starting Materials, Drug Substance/API, Drug Product, and Finished Goods across the product lifecycle for clinical and commercial products
- Design, develop and implement supply chain innovations and improvements that drive cost savings and cost reductions.
What are we looking for?
- BS or advanced degree in biology, chemistry, supply chain management, or engineering disciplines with a minimum of 8 - 10 years of relevant experience in biotech or pharmaceutical demand and supply planning, ideally in a manufacturing operations leadership role within the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry; biologics experience required
- Experience with clinical and commercial supply chain planning, managing supply through transition from clinical stage through commercial launch, and delivering results within tight project deadlines is required
- Experience in managing manufactured/labeled/packaged inventory for global markets to support product launch and commercialization is required
- Strong interpersonal verbal, written, and presentation skills in communication with internal and external colleagues and partners
- Outstanding analytical, data driven decision-making, inventory management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity, rapid growth, and organizational evolution
- Excellent understanding of global drug supply chain planning as well as financial, strategic and analytical skills
- APICS certification and Oracle or SAP experience is desired
How will you grow with us?
This role will build and transform the supply chain function and supply chain business processes at Acceleron. This is an influential role who is well poised to grow as a leader more broadly in the organization as the development programs advance to commercialization.
Acceleron is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapeutics to treat serious and rare diseases. Acceleron’s leadership in the understanding of TGF-beta superfamily biology and protein engineering generates innovative compounds that engage the body's ability to regulate cellular growth and repair. Acceleron focuses its commercialization, research, and development efforts in hematologic and pulmonary diseases. In hematology, REBLOZYL® (luspatercept-aamt) is the first and only erythroid maturation agent approved in the United States and Europe for the treatment of anemia in certain blood disorders. REBLOZYL is part of a global collaboration partnership with Bristol Myers Squibb. The Companies co-promote REBLOZYL in the United States and are also developing luspatercept for the treatment of anemia in patient populations of MDS, beta-thalassemia, and myelofibrosis. In pulmonary, Acceleron is developing sotatercept for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension, having recently reported positive topline results of the Phase 2 PULSAR trial. For more information, please visit www.acceleronpharma.com. Follow Acceleron on Social Media: @AcceleronPharma and LinkedIn.