What’s in it for you?
Being part of the Finance team and reporting to the Procurement Manager, the Buyer will be responsible for processing Purchase Orders in our ERP system, ensuring efficient and timely delivery, as well as creating and managing vendors.
We are looking for a motivated and passionate individual to join our FP&A team. In this role, you will be integral to the procurement process, working with people from departments across the organization. You will assist end users in making strategic sourcing decisions and help choose new vendors.
If you’re looking to join a great team and a growing organization, this job could be a good fit for you.
What will you be doing?
- Reviewing and processing all purchase requisitions in a timely manner
- Contacting vendors to confirm purchase order details and pricing
- Assisting end users with submitting requisitions
- Creating new vendors and making modifications in our ERP system (vendor maintenance)
- Assisting the finance team with managing/closing POs
- Credit card reconciliation
- Maintaining strong working relationships with our vendors
- Tracking orders and ensuring timely delivery
- Collaborating with internal and external resources (e.g., suppliers, Accounts Payable and Receiving teams, business partners) to resolve PO questions and issues
- Track and trend internal purchasing activities
- Additional opportunities to work on new and on-going projects within the Finance area
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 3-5 years of purchasing experience required, preferably in the Life Sciences industry.
- Experience with ERP systems; Oracle Fusion preferred
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated and demonstrate initiative
- Proven ability to work independently, as well as collaborate effectively with other team members to achieve common goals
- Embrace our core values: Team collaboration, Accelerating drug discovery, Commitment to patients, Employee development
How will you grow with us?
With key regulatory milestones approaching for its lead product candidate, and other pipeline assets advancing in the clinic, Acceleron is entering one of the most exciting periods in its history. This will be a time of dynamic growth, requiring timely, strategic decision making to inform, motivate, and energize internal and external stakeholders. Our active pipeline and fast pace provides an exciting opportunity to take on a key role where you will be able to significantly contribute to the strategy and initiatives within the Finance group. We are looking for someone to bring fresh perspectives and ideas as you partner with dynamic teams, and grow in your career. This opportunity will allow you to develop your problem solving abilities and learn new skills as we take on new challenges. The Finance and Accounting teams are collaborative and focused on optimizing company processes for a more effective and efficient environment. As we continue to grow, the position will evolve to respond to the needs of the company. It’s never boring! Join our team and apply today!
*In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
*Recruiters - please do not send unsolicited resumes to this posting.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO:
Acceleron is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapeutics to treat serious and rare diseases. Acceleron’s leadership in the understanding of TGF-beta superfamily biology and protein engineering generates innovative compounds that engage the body's ability to regulate cellular growth and repair. Acceleron focuses its research, development, and commercialization efforts in pulmonary and hematologic diseases. In pulmonary, Acceleron is developing sotatercept for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH), having reported positive topline results of the PULSAR Phase 2 trial. The Company is currently planning multiple Phase 3 trials with the potential to support its long-term vision of establishing sotatercept as a backbone therapy for patients with PAH at all stages of the disease. Acceleron is also investigating the potential of its early-stage pulmonary candidate, ACE-1334, which it plans to advance into a Phase 1b/2 trial in systemic sclerosis-associated interstitial lung disease (SSc-ILD) next year. In hematology, REBLOZYL® (luspatercept-aamt) is the first and only erythroid maturation agent approved in the United States, Europe, and Canada for the treatment of anemia in certain blood disorders. REBLOZYL is part of a global collaboration partnership with Bristol Myers Squibb. The Companies co-promote REBLOZYL in the United States and are also developing luspatercept for the treatment of anemia in patient populations of myelodysplastic syndromes, beta-thalassemia, and myelofibrosis. For more information, please visit www.acceleronpharma.com. Follow Acceleron on Social Media: @AcceleronPharma and LinkedIn.