What’s in it for you?
Reporting directly to the Senior Manager, Contracts and Legal Operations the corporate paralegal will be a key member of the legal team who assists with corporate governance, subsidiary management, legal document management and other general legal matters.
What will you be doing?
- Support the Legal team in all corporate governance matters and management of entities worldwide
- Manage Acceleron’s corporate structure worldwide, including legal entity formation, merger and dissolution processes, and ongoing requirements with local legal requirements
- Draft and review documents related to the corporation’s entities worldwide, including formation documents, board and shareholder meeting minutes, corporate resolutions, and other compliance documentation
- Maintain legal entity records, including minute books, for all entities worldwide
- Prepare board books and other relevant board materials in advance of corporate board meetings and distribute to relevant board and committee members
- Track and monitor employee and executive 10b5-1 plans
- Maintain and manage the company’s preclearance and blackout lists and serve as the first contact for internal employees when starting the preclearance process
- Coordinate notarization and legalization of documents
- Maintain electronic copies of legal documents that support the corporation
- Assist in the drafting and submission of SEC filings and gathering information related to such SEC filings (e.g. D&O Questionnaires)
- Assist Legal Operations with the implementation of new software and technologies brought in house and departmental budget management items
- Assist where needed in other aspects of the corporate legal team
What are we looking for?
- Experience working for a public company is preferred.
- BA or Legal Assistant/Paralegal degree with at least 3 years of experience as a Paralegal, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in corporate entity management and maintenance
- Ability to understand, interpret and explain legal principles.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Excellent customer service skills and communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines – timely follow-up and follow-through
- Ability to take on several projects simultaneously
How will you grow with us?
This role is ideal for an individual looking to make a difference from day one on a corporate legal team that prides itself on fast and accurate execution. This department is committed to developing its employees into the areas that interest them the most. The paralegal will have a hand in virtually all of the matters the corporate legal team tends to (corporate governance, entity management, document management, legal operations, etc.) and, for the right individual, can serve as a way to determine which area of an in house corporate legal team interests them most and subsequently specialize in as they develop with our organization.
*In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
*Recruiters - please do not send unsolicited resumes to this posting.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO:
Acceleron is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapeutics to treat serious and rare diseases. Acceleron’s leadership in the understanding of TGF-beta superfamily biology and protein engineering generates innovative compounds that engage the body's ability to regulate cellular growth and repair. Acceleron focuses its research, development, and commercialization efforts in pulmonary and hematologic diseases. In pulmonary, Acceleron is developing sotatercept for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH), having reported positive topline results of the PULSAR Phase 2 trial. The Company is currently planning multiple Phase 3 trials with the potential to support its long-term vision of establishing sotatercept as a backbone therapy for patients with PAH at all stages of the disease. Acceleron is also investigating the potential of its early-stage pulmonary candidate, ACE-1334, which it plans to advance into a Phase 1b/2 trial in systemic sclerosis-associated interstitial lung disease (SSc-ILD) next year. In hematology, REBLOZYL® (luspatercept-aamt) is the first and only erythroid maturation agent approved in the United States, Europe, and Canada for the treatment of anemia in certain blood disorders. REBLOZYL is part of a global collaboration partnership with Bristol Myers Squibb. The Companies co-promote REBLOZYL in the United States and are also developing luspatercept for the treatment of anemia in patient populations of myelodysplastic syndromes, beta-thalassemia, and myelofibrosis. For more information, please visit www.acceleronpharma.com. Follow Acceleron on Social Media: @AcceleronPharma and LinkedIn.