Accounting Manager - Clinical
What’s in it for you?
Reporting to the Associate Director of Accounting, the Accounting Manager will oversee and manage a growing team to support the accounting and related process for clinical trials. As a member of the Accounting team, the Accounting Manager will interact with all levels of Company management and serve as a trusted business partner to the Company’s Clinical Research organizations. The Finance/Accounting team is a fun and supportive group that works diligently to achieve its goals. If you are excited to join a fast-paced, growing organization where you can make visible contributions and gain invaluable operational exposure, then this role could be a great fit for you!
What will you be doing?
- Managing a growing team in their daily responsibilities, reviewing their deliverables, and investing in their growth
- Reviewing detailed inputs into clinical models for completeness and accuracy; including, but not limited to patient visits, site visits, investigator grant fees, pass-through expenses, invoices, etc.
- Reviewing other clinical-related activities and expenses, including reviewing in detail and approving journal entries, reconciliations, and the supporting schedules for completeness, accuracy, and appropriateness in a timely manner for monthly and quarterly accounting closes
- Collaborating closely with the Clinical Outsourcing Team, including supporting ad hoc analysis on costs of clinical trials, clinical trial expense, forecasted clinical trial spend, and internal management reporting
- Maintaining and improving clinical processes, controls, and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) documentation to operate effectively and completely, while minimizing risk
- Leading interactions with vendors, including CROs, internal stakeholders at all levels, including executive leadership, providing excellent customer service, and obtaining critical financial information in a timely manner
- Participating in other Accounting process improvement activities including enhancing current financial processes, and leveraging technology to increase effectiveness
- Assisting with ad hoc projects as they may arise
What are we looking for?
- Strong accounting background with 5+ years of accounting expertise within a pharmaceutical or biotech environment
- Understanding of clinical trial conduct, as well as demonstrated ability to understand the impact of clinical trial activity on financial statements
- Prior experience with leading, people management, and driving continuous process improvements
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Detail-oriented, organized, resourceful, and able to manage shifting priorities, without sacrificing quality
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively across teams and vendors with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced and rapidly evolving environment
- CPA- a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience with Oracle Fusion a plus
- Embrace our core values: Team collaboration, Accelerating drug discovery, Commitment to patients, and Employee development
How will you grow with us?
Our active pipeline and fast pace provide an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team in a hands-on role where you will be able to significantly contribute to the strategy and initiatives within the Finance group. With key regulatory milestones approaching for its lead product candidate, and other pipeline assets advancing in the clinic, Acceleron is entering one of the most exciting periods in its history. This opportunity will allow you to develop your skills by taking on new challenges and partnering with sharp and dedicated team members who will motivate and support you. Join our team and apply today!
*In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
*Recruiters - please do not send unsolicited resumes to this posting.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:
Acceleron is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapeutics to treat serious and rare diseases. Acceleron’s leadership in the understanding of TGF-beta superfamily biology and protein engineering generates innovative compounds that engage the body's ability to regulate cellular growth and repair. Acceleron focuses its research, development, and commercialization efforts in pulmonary and hematologic diseases. In pulmonary, Acceleron is developing sotatercept for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH), having reported positive topline results of the PULSAR Phase 2 trial. The Company is currently planning multiple Phase 3 trials with the potential to support its long-term vision of establishing sotatercept as a backbone therapy for patients with PAH at all stages of the disease. Acceleron is also investigating the potential of its early-stage pulmonary candidate, ACE-1334, which it plans to advance into a Phase 1b/2 trial in systemic sclerosis-associated interstitial lung disease (SSc-ILD) next year. In hematology, REBLOZYL® (luspatercept-aamt) is the first and only erythroid maturation agent approved in the United States, Europe, and Canada for the treatment of anemia in certain blood disorders. REBLOZYL is part of a global collaboration partnership with Bristol Myers Squibb. The Companies co-promote REBLOZYL in the United States and are also developing luspatercept for the treatment of anemia in patient populations of myelodysplastic syndromes, beta-thalassemia, and myelofibrosis. For more information, please visit www.acceleronpharma.com. Follow Acceleron on Social Media: @AcceleronPharma and LinkedIn.