Head Of Market Access and Pricing, Europe
What’s in it for you?
This role offers the right candidate an exceptional opportunity to join Acceleron during a time of dynamic growth. Acceleron is in one of the most exciting periods in its history with a recently approved co-promoted product Reblozyl in hematology and positive clinical proof of concept for the second product Sotatercept for pulmonary arterial hypertension. As we continue build our Commercial footprint in the EU region, you will shape and drive critical EU Commercial Operations initiatives for a rapidly expanding organization globally.
As the Market Access and Pricing Head for EU region, you will play a leadership role in formulating access and pricing strategies for the Key EU markets. You will lead charge in EU re collaboration with the Global Market Access, HEOR and Pricing function to localize global access strategy to ensure Acceleron product(s) like Sotatercept secure access and reimbursement and while positioning the company for delivering meaningful value proposition to all regional stakeholders. You will play integral part in EU launch sequencing determination bringing access and pricing perspective to the table. Reporting to the GM for International Markets (dotted line to Global Market Access, HEOR and Pricing Head), you will be responsible for developing and leading a comprehensive reimbursement, pricing, value and access strategy for EU region to ensure success of the company’s product pipeline.
What will you do?
- Develop a strategy for the buildout of the EU regional market access team and country level access footprint
- Engage with external audiences including Payors, policy makers and appropriate in-country experts
- Lead the build of an EU Access strategy, including identification of critical issues, opportunities and key data needs
- Understand the need and application for global reference pricing, partnering with appropriate matrix partners to optimize long term asset value globally
- Apply deep understanding of regional/country-level reimbursement trends, policies and guidelines
- Partner with medical affairs and commercial teams to resolve reimbursement issues that may be barriers to drug access
- Act as a key regional focal point for addressing pricing and reimbursement issues facing country affiliates while ensuring adherence to global guidance around pricing and reimbursement strategy
- Develop/localize and execute market access strategies for key EU markets focusing on value optimization, reimbursement, pricing, and commercial distribution of the company’s product candidates
- In close collaboration with the country affiliates:
- Build and manage the infrastructure for the reimbursement, access and HTA submissions in key EU markets
- Localize value messages, Global Value Dossier and other HEOR tools to support reimbursement submissions in select EU markets
- Manage the pricing strategy (including exception process) and assess need and options for innovative pricing strategies regionally
- Collaborate with medical affairs colleague for local EAP program implementation (where appropriate)
- Strategize with cross functional team members on patient and practice specific tools and programs to aid in mitigating barriers to drug access
- Select local/regional vendors and lead to ensure they perform
- Manage budgets and develop KPI metrics to assess impact of key initiatives
- Monitor competitive landscape across our therapeutic areas and drive necessary strategic updates
What are we looking for?
- Minimum B.S. degree; MBA/MHA/MPH or other graduate level program preferred
- 10+ plus years of direct experience in EU region in the area of market access,reimbursement and pricing Experience in oncology/hematology, orphan, and or rare disease therapy areas is preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of healthcare reimbursement system in big 5 EU markets
- Demonstrated success in developing and shaping access, value and pricing strategies.
- Ability to roll up sleeves and deliver tools such as value dossiers, access & pricing strategies
- Successfully demonstrated the ability to influence and collaborate with clinical development, medical affairs and commercial
- EU market access experience including negotiations with payers preferred.
- Experience in biologic high value products and specialty care drugs required
- Experience in the implementation of pricing strategy
- Must be able to accommodate travel up to 30% of the time
- Entrepreneurial spirit; comfortable with rapid change, resource constraints, and the need to be flexible about roles
- Strong leadership skills, including demonstrated ability to lead a cross-functional team and to influence at all levels of an organization
*In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
*Recruiters - please do not send unsolicited resumes to this posting.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO:
Acceleron is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapeutics to treat serious and rare diseases. Acceleron’s leadership in the understanding of TGF-beta superfamily biology and protein engineering generates innovative compounds that engage the body's ability to regulate cellular growth and repair. Acceleron focuses its research, development, and commercialization efforts in pulmonary and hematologic diseases. In pulmonary, Acceleron is developing sotatercept for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH), having reported positive topline results of the PULSAR Phase 2 trial. The Company is currently planning multiple Phase 3 trials with the potential to support its long-term vision of establishing sotatercept as a backbone therapy for patients with PAH at all stages of the disease. Acceleron is also investigating the potential of its early-stage pulmonary candidate, ACE-1334, which it plans to advance into a Phase 1b/2 trial in systemic sclerosis-associated interstitial lung disease (SSc-ILD) next year. In hematology, REBLOZYL® (luspatercept-aamt) is the first and only erythroid maturation agent approved in the United States, Europe, and Canada for the treatment of anemia in certain blood disorders. REBLOZYL is part of a global collaboration partnership with Bristol Myers Squibb. The Companies co-promote REBLOZYL in the United States and are also developing luspatercept for the treatment of anemia in patient populations of myelodysplastic syndromes, beta-thalassemia, and myelofibrosis. For more information, please visit www.acceleronpharma.com. Follow Acceleron on Social Media: @AcceleronPharma and LinkedIn.