Environmental Health & Safety Manager
What’s in it for you?
As a member of the Facilities team, you will be working with an interactive, multi-disciplinary team to develop, implement, and successfully manage the various Environmental Health and Safety programs at Acceleron. The Manager provides EHS support to and collaborates with employees within the organization, with a focus on engagement through compliance, OSHA and continuous improvement efforts.
What will you be doing?
- Develop, modify, implement, and maintain EHS policies and procedures to achieve compliance and improve EHS performance.
- Manage company training needs; develop & maintain processes to ensure compliance.
- Act as an agent of positive change to build an effective EHS culture through accountability, processes, and training.
- Submit EHS regulatory permits/reports and maintaining compliance with OSHA, DEP, state and local EHS record-keeping and reporting requirements.
- Evaluate the impact of new or changed regulations, standards, and policies on operations; initiate and oversee updates to EHS policies, programs and procedures in proactive manner.
- Conduct root cause investigations and analysis to improve and eliminate EHS hazards.
- Supports business as company liaison to external regulatory agencies for any environmental health and safety areas.
- Partner with broader Facilities department, Human Resources, and IT to assess and provide solutions to employee accessibility requests, improve employee safety and productivity.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s in Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Safety or other EHS science related field preferred with at least 7+ years of EHS experience and previous experience managing an EHS Program within biopharmaceutical and/or chemical research environments.
- Hold or be working towards a professional Certification: Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH); Certified Safety Professional (CSP), or Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM), is preferred
- Knowledge of EHS, OSHA, NFPA and other related Federal, state, and local regulations, and auditing procedures.
- Proven track record in the implementation of EHS systems and programs including training and experience in incident command, emergency response, HAZMAT, biosafety, chemical safety, hazardous waste, risk management, workers’ compensation, ergonomics, lab safety, and industrial hygiene environmental, and occupation safety & health programs.
- Must be self-motivated, ability to work independently, well organized, have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, at all levels of the organization and with external contacts; must be proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, and internet and email tools.
- Ability to work cross functionally to ensure all customers participate and have a say in the direction of Safety & Health programs.
- Proven ability to successfully manage projects and timelines, organize/track complex information, prioritize accordingly, and the ability to quickly adjust to shifting priorities and demanding timelines when necessary.
- Solid sense of accountability and sound judgement; highest ethical standards and focus on quality and attention to detail.
How will you grow with us?
You will work within the Facilities team and will significantly contribute to our ability to be efficient and productive in our laboratory and office operations. You will collaborate with knowledgeable and driven team members who will challenge and support you daily to put forth the highest quality work while growing in your career. Passion, inquiry, and teamwork drive this group; join our team and help us achieve our goals while having fun along the way!
*In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
*Recruiters - please do not send unsolicited resumes to this posting.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO:www.acceleronpharma.com
Acceleron is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapeutics to treat serious and rare diseases. Acceleron’s leadership in the understanding of TGF-beta superfamily biology and protein engineering generates innovative compounds that engage the body's ability to regulate cellular growth and repair. Acceleron focuses its commercialization, research, and development efforts in hematologic and pulmonary diseases. In hematology, REBLOZYL® (luspatercept-aamt) is the first and only erythroid maturation agent approved in the United States and Europe for the treatment of anemia in certain blood disorders. REBLOZYL is part of a global collaboration partnership with Bristol Myers Squibb. The Companies co-promote REBLOZYL in the United States and are also developing luspatercept for the treatment of anemia in patient populations of MDS, beta-thalassemia, and myelofibrosis. In pulmonary, Acceleron is developing sotatercept for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension, having recently reported positive topline results of the Phase 2 PULSAR trial. For more information, please visit www.acceleronpharma.com. Follow Acceleron on Social Media: @AcceleronPharma and LinkedIn.