Associate Director, Global Access and Pricing
What’s in it for you?
Acceleron is seeking an experienced, strategic access and pricing professional to work across a growing portfolio. The individual will be a key contributor in developing and executing the Global Access strategy for sotatercept, ACE-1334, and additional pipeline products, working closely with the Director of Global Access and Pricing. He/she will also support the development of the global pricing strategy and pricing review governance for the company from phase I to post launch across all major global markets. The position will report to the Director of Global Access and Pricing and work closely with the broader Commercial team, Value and Access therapeutic area leads, Key Account Leadership, Clinical, Medical, Finance, Legal and Compliance teams.
What will you be doing?
- Develop comprehensive access strategies for Acceleron’s portfolio comprising sotatercept in non-PAH indications, ACE-1334 in SSc-ILD, and additional products and indications in development
- Develop and adapt payer value propositions across the portfolio
- Develop and execute on asset-specific evidence generation plans
- Support development of pricing strategy and governance for portfolio assets
- Support development of pricing support documents for the US and global pricing committees
- Support therapeutic area leads with qualitative and quantitative pricing research
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Health Policy, Economics, Finance, or relevant discipline
- 8+ years of relevant market access experience with operational and strategic pricing experience, ideally in both a global and US pharmaceutical organization, preferred
- Experience and familiarity with global HTA systems, processes, requirements, and strategies
- Experience with specialty and/or rare disease therapeutic areas preferred
- Ability to function independently as well as collaborate across different functions
- Demonstration of strong strategic thinking skills, as evidenced by the ability to identify alternative scenarios, resulting implications, and development of pragmatic recommendations for direction or action
- Experience and comfort with HEOR methods, with formal training preferred
- Strong understanding of dynamics in the US healthcare system and European (EU-5) health systems and financing mechanisms
- Demonstration of ability to execute at a high level on multiple work streams simultaneously
- Advanced excel skills (VBA, model building)
- Understanding of basics of a P&L and financial statements
- Strong written and verbal communication influencing skills to address cross-functional and external audiences
- Up to 20% travel required
- Masters level degree in Health Policy, Economics, Finance, or related discipline preferred
- Advanced training in relevant market access discipline a plus
How will you grow with us?
This position will allow you to join a growing and advancing company with an active pipeline as we expand our global presence. As a part of a small, yet dynamic team, you will have the opportunity to quickly build ownership in your role and seek new opportunities for growth as we prepare to take products through the clinic to commercialization. If you are looking to be a part of an innovative and fast-paced environment, join our team!
Acceleron is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapeutics to treat serious and rare diseases. Acceleron’s leadership in the understanding of TGF-beta superfamily biology and protein engineering generates innovative compounds that engage the body's ability to regulate cellular growth and repair. Acceleron focuses its research, development, and commercialization efforts in pulmonary and hematologic diseases. In pulmonary, Acceleron is developing sotatercept for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH), having reported positive topline results of the PULSAR Phase 2 trial. The Company is currently planning multiple Phase 3 trials with the potential to support its long-term vision of establishing sotatercept as a backbone therapy for patients with PAH at all stages of the disease. Acceleron is also investigating the potential of its early-stage pulmonary candidate, ACE-1334, which it plans to advance into a Phase 1b/2 trial in systemic sclerosis-associated interstitial lung disease (SSc-ILD) next year. In hematology, REBLOZYL® (luspatercept-aamt) is the first and only erythroid maturation agent approved in the United States, Europe, and Canada for the treatment of anemia in certain blood disorders. REBLOZYL is part of a global collaboration partnership with Bristol Myers Squibb. The Companies co-promote REBLOZYL in the United States and are also developing luspatercept for the treatment of anemia in patient populations of myelodysplastic syndromes, beta-thalassemia, and myelofibrosis. For more information, please visit www.acceleronpharma.com. Follow Acceleron on Social Media: @AcceleronPharma and LinkedIn.