Director, Global Value & Access, Sotatercept
Acceleron is seeking a highly experienced, strategic thinker and innovative market access and HEOR professional who will lead the development of the access value and evidence plan, develop the value proposition and messages, and lead the access cross functional team to bring insights on payer evidence requirements for our Clinical, R&D, and Medical Affairs teams. This individual will have responsibilities for Sotatercept, lead Pulmonary hypertension assets that has achieved BTD status In the US and PRIME designation in EMEA. In addition, individual will also be responsible for developing the data generation plan comprising (but not limited to) the development of an HEOR plan, publication planning, health economic model development, indirect comparison analyses and RWE evidence development for Sotatercept.
Specifically, the functions main objectives are to:
- Jointly with the Head of Market Access build a Market Access and value plan for Sotatercept from Phase II to launch
- Conduct early scientific advice meetings with key HTA organizations in Europe
- Conduct payer and market access stakeholder advisory boards in the US and Europe to drive insights into development of Sotatercept
- Engage with national, regional and local payers, clinicians and HEOR experts and advisors on 1:1 meetings to drive the value and HEOR evidence plan for sotatercept
- Lead HTA-/reimbursement-specific trial data analyses, PRO strategy development and inclusion in the trial program
- Lead the development of Sotatercept’s Global value and AMCP dossiers, value proposition and messages and validate messages with external stakeholders
- Lead literature reviews, develop necessary RWE, conduct modeling and indirect comparison activities, develop and execute on the accompanying publication strategy
- Lead rapid response team for sotatercept with Global Access and Pricing portfolio lead
This position reports to the Head of Global Market Access, HEOR and Pricing.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Requires an advance degree in HEOR (MSc or PhD)
- 6-8 years of relevant Market Access and HEOR experience in a biotech or pharmaceutical company
- Experience in leading the access planning and value development activities for orphan/rare diseases is preferred
- Strong publication record in peer-reviewed journals and/or congresses
- Experience in supporting development phase as well as launch-phase assets is preferred
- Ability to operate independently in cross-functional matrix environment with proven ability to build relationships, collaboration and teamwork across functions
- Demonstration of strong strategic thinking skills, as evidenced by the ability to identify alternative scenarios and resulting implications
- Strong understanding of payer environment in the US and/or Europe, including commercial payers as well as Medicare, health technologies assessment, and health policy and ability to tailor strategies to a diverse set of payer archetypes
- Manages project budget to effectively generate the reimbursement and HEOR evidence to support value proposition of pulmonary assets
- Strong written and verbal communication influencing skills
- Demonstrated managerial skills
How will you grow with us?
This position will allow you to join a growing and advancing company with an active pipeline as we expand our Global presence. As a part of a small, yet dynamic team, you will have the opportunity to quickly build ownership in your role and seek new opportunities for growth as we prepare to take products through the clinic to commercialization. If you are looking to be a part of an innovative and fast-paced environment, join our team!
Acceleron is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapeutics to treat serious and rare diseases. Acceleron’s leadership in the understanding of TGF-beta superfamily biology and protein engineering generates innovative compounds that engage the body's ability to regulate cellular growth and repair. Acceleron focuses its commercialization, research, and development efforts in hematologic and pulmonary diseases. In hematology, REBLOZYL® (luspatercept-aamt) is the first and only erythroid maturation agent approved in the United States and Europe for the treatment of anemia in certain blood disorders. REBLOZYL is part of a global collaboration partnership with Bristol Myers Squibb. The Companies co-promote REBLOZYL in the United States and are also developing luspatercept for the treatment of anemia in patient populations of MDS, beta-thalassemia, and myelofibrosis. In pulmonary, Acceleron is developing sotatercept for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension, having recently reported positive topline results of the Phase 2 PULSAR trial. For more information, please visit www.acceleronpharma.com. Follow Acceleron on Social Media: @AcceleronPharma and LinkedIn.