Director, Global Access and Pricing
Acceleron is seeking a highly experienced, strategic access and pricing lead for our pulmonary portfolio. The individual will be in charge of developing the Global access strategy for lead pulmonary product (sotatercept) and pipeline products. He/she will also be in charge of developing global pricing strategy and pricing review governance for the company from phase I to post launch, building the necessary IT systems to track US and Global prices by SKU, and help the organization with strategic pricing decisions across all major Global markets and in general acting as the primary leader for Market Access Commercial and Government contracting and pricing operations. The Global Access and Pricing Portfolio Lead will report to the Head of Global Market Access and work closely with the Value and Access therapeutic area leads, Key Account Leadership, Finance, Legal and Compliance as well as our field-based account teams.
Specifically, the Global Access and Pricing Portfolio Director’s main objectives are to:
- Develop Comprehensive access strategy for pulmonary portfolio comprising lead asset (sotatercept) and products in development
- Develop pricing strategy and governance for pulmonary portfolio assets
- Across Global Markets, define the List and Net Global pricing corridors to serve as guidance for our regions and affiliates to set local pricing
- Develop an International Reference Price (IRP) model that supports optimal launch sequencing and estimates any potential impact from diverse pricing scenarios
- Build a Global price management system to track individual SKUs, and document price approvals at distinct levels of the organization
- For the US, develop a value-based Gross to Net Pricing strategies across channels to optimize access through the lifecycle.
- Lead the development of all pricing support documents for the US and Global pricing committees
- Support therapeutic area leads with qualitative and quantitative pricing research
- Oversee the contract development process including pre and post deal analysis, customer negotiation support, and redlining of contractual terms and conditions.
- Work with legal and compliance teams to ensure proper price calculations and reporting requirements to US and Global payers are in place
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting or similar discipline
- 7-10 years of relevant market access experience with at least 2-3 years of operational and strategic pricing experience ideally in both a Global and US pharmaceutical organization
- Experience with Specialty and/or Rare Disease therapeutic areas is preferred
- Executive leadership and influencing with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to function independently as well as collaborate across different functions
- Demonstration of strong strategic thinking skills, as evidenced by the ability to identify alternative scenarios, resulting implications, and development of pragmatic recommendations for direction or action
- Strong understanding of dynamics in the US healthcare system and European (EU-5) health systems and financing mechanisms
- Advanced excel skills (VBA, model building)
- Understanding of basics of a P&L and financial statements
- Strong written and verbal communication influencing skills to address leadership and external audiences
- Up to 30% travel required
- Masters level degree in Finance, Economics,
- Advanced training in relevant market access discipline a plus
How will you grow with us?
This position will allow you to join a growing and advancing company with an active pipeline as we expand our Global presence. As a part of a small, yet dynamic team, you will have the opportunity to quickly build ownership in your role and seek new opportunities for growth as we prepare to take products through the clinic to commercialization. If you are looking to be a part of an innovative and fast-paced environment, join our team!
Acceleron is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapeutics to treat serious and rare diseases. Acceleron’s leadership in the understanding of TGF-beta superfamily biology and protein engineering generates innovative compounds that engage the body's ability to regulate cellular growth and repair. Acceleron focuses its commercialization, research, and development efforts in hematologic and pulmonary diseases. In hematology, REBLOZYL® (luspatercept-aamt) is the first and only erythroid maturation agent approved in the United States and Europe for the treatment of anemia in certain blood disorders. REBLOZYL is part of a global collaboration partnership with Bristol Myers Squibb. The Companies co-promote REBLOZYL in the United States and are also developing luspatercept for the treatment of anemia in patient populations of MDS, beta-thalassemia, and myelofibrosis. In pulmonary, Acceleron is developing sotatercept for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension, having recently reported positive topline results of the Phase 2 PULSAR trial. For more information, please visit www.acceleronpharma.com. Follow Acceleron on Social Media: @AcceleronPharma and LinkedIn.