Associate Director, Program Management – Early Development
What’s in it for you?
We are seeking a talented and passionate individual who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented, and collaborative environment to join the Program Management team and drive projects from research through early clinical development. The ideal candidate will be responsible for actively managing highly technical, cross functional teams to ensure the advancement of programs, managing program scope, timelines, deliverables, risks, decisions and alignment with senior leadership.
The candidate will possess a breadth and depth of expertise spanning research through early clinical development, with a strong scientific background and significant early stage drug development experience. This role will require strong leadership, collaboration & communication skills. The candidate will lead cross-functional early development program teams to define the optimal development and regulatory strategy and to drive operational advancement of the program. The candidate will play a key role in day-to-day operations and long-range planning, and will represent the program teams in management settings. Reporting to the Senior Director – Program Management – Early Pipeline, and working closely with individuals from functions including Research, CMC, Non-Clinical, Medical, Regulatory, and Market Development you will apply your expertise and understanding of drug development to integrate key functional activities, managing program timeline, scope, budget and risks to enable Sr. leadership decisions.
What will you be doing?
- As part of the Program Management team, build and help to drive high performing, cross-functional teams to promote effective communication (e.g., team meetings, program updates) and ensure integration and alignment of internal subject matter experts.
- Must be able to lead multiple program teams and subteams, define project strategies, proactively identify and escalate risks, gaps and challenges, and work with teams to develop/test scenarios and risk mitigation plans.
- Facilitate team meetings, including leading discussions to drive to decision-making; defining and resolving action items to ensure continuity between meetings; developing agendas and meeting minutes.
- Accountable as the primary contact for program team related information and for obtaining and maintaining a comprehensive knowledge of the program scope, deliverables, timelines, status and key risks
- Ability to lead crossfunctional teams in the preparation of early strategic development plans, and represent program teams at governance meetings
- Foster strong relationships and support effective and impactful communications with management, team members and functional line managers in order to ensure active management of issues/risks/decisions/opportunities
- Maintain program-related documentation, including, but not limited to, program plans and timelines, decision logs, risk management, and project goals, ensuring appropriate archiving and access
- Develop, maintain and/or disseminate communications tools, including but not limited to effective team meetings, file sharing sites, program workplans, trackers, team membership lists
- Reinforce and support team operating principles, best practices and team building to ensure effective and high-performing teams.
What are we looking for?
- Degree in life sciences, with at least 8 years of relevant professional experience in the biopharmaceutical industry, including at least 5 years in relevant project/program management roles
- Solid understanding of the drug development process. Significant breadth of experience across the early-stage drug development process including discovery, non-clinical, clinical, regulatory, CMC and early commercial functions. Prior experience in biologics desirable; technical R&D acumen required.
- Recent experience with IND/CTA submissions
- Proven track record of leading and driving cross-functional teams in planning and managing early development programs including cross functional deliverables (Research, CMC and Commercial)
- Experience in a matrixed and/or direct people management role with demonstrated ability to influence without authority
- Independent creative thinker and enabler requiring minimum oversight. A self-starter who is pro-active, motivates, and has tact, diplomacy, is a true team player, with excellent leadership skills
- Applied knowledge of project management tools and processes
- Strong computer skills; skilled at using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tools
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with others across all functions and levels within the organization
- Excellent organizational skills and comfort with multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
How will you grow with us?
You will be joining a growing and advancing company with an active pipeline. With a focus on early development, you will have the opportunity to follow programs from research and/or pre-dev into the clinic and towards POC studies. If you are looking to be a part of an innovative and fast-paced environment, join our team!
*In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Acceleron is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapeutics to treat serious and rare diseases. Acceleron’s leadership in the understanding of TGF-beta superfamily biology and protein engineering generates innovative compounds that engage the body's ability to regulate cellular growth and repair. Acceleron focuses its commercialization, research, and development efforts in hematologic and pulmonary diseases. In hematology, REBLOZYL® (luspatercept-aamt) is the first and only erythroid maturation agent approved in the United States and Europe for the treatment of anemia in certain blood disorders. REBLOZYL is part of a global collaboration partnership with Bristol Myers Squibb. The Companies co-promote REBLOZYL in the United States and are also developing luspatercept for the treatment of anemia in patient populations of MDS, beta-thalassemia, and myelofibrosis. In pulmonary, Acceleron is developing sotatercept for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension, having recently reported positive topline results of the Phase 2 PULSAR trial. For more information, please visit www.acceleronpharma.com. Follow Acceleron on Social Media: @AcceleronPharma and LinkedIn.
Acceleron is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapeutics to treat serious and rare diseases. Acceleron’s leadership in the understanding of TGF-beta superfamily biology and protein engineering generates innovative compounds that engage the body's ability to regulate cellular growth and repair. Acceleron focuses its research, development, and commercialization efforts in pulmonary and hematologic diseases. In pulmonary, Acceleron is developing sotatercept for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH), having reported positive topline results of the PULSAR Phase 2 trial. The Company is currently planning multiple Phase 3 trials with the potential to support its long-term vision of establishing sotatercept as a backbone therapy for patients with PAH at all stages of the disease. Acceleron is also investigating the potential of its early-stage pulmonary candidate, ACE-1334, which it plans to advance into a Phase 1b/2 trial in systemic sclerosis-associated interstitial lung disease (SSc-ILD) next year. In hematology, REBLOZYL® (luspatercept-aamt) is the first and only erythroid maturation agent approved in the United States, Europe, and Canada for the treatment of anemia in certain blood disorders. REBLOZYL is part of a global collaboration partnership with Bristol Myers Squibb. The Companies co-promote REBLOZYL in the United States and are also developing luspatercept for the treatment of anemia in patient populations of myelodysplastic syndromes, beta-thalassemia, and myelofibrosis. For more information, please visit www.acceleronpharma.com. Follow Acceleron on Social Media: @AcceleronPharma and LinkedIn.