Associate Director/Director, Medical Research, Pulmonary
Reporting to the VP of Medical Research/Pulmonary Therapeutic Area Head, the Associate Director/Director of Medical Research will provide medical leadership and guidance for Acceleron’s clinical development programs in the pulmonary therapeutic area. This position will support the overall program development strategy and program goals ensuring the highest scientific/medical standards are met, including the achievement of goals that are consistent with the overall corporate vision, mission and objectives.
- Initiating, communicating, and executing well-conceived clinical development plans in support of the discovery, development and commercial mission of Acceleron
- Responsible for the strategic and operational medical input to the design, planning, initiation, completion, analysis and reporting of clinical trials in the pulmonary therapeutic area
- Providing clinical input on all IND/NDA/BLA preparation activities including data collection, database lock, analysis and write-up of biomarker and pharmacodynamic endpoints
- Developing and implementing ongoing projects with agreed upon strategic goals, product profiles, product development plans, and project plans to meet milestones and timelines en route to full development
- Communicating Acceleron’s clinical development goals and accomplishments to the external community, investigators, key opinion leaders and corporate partners
- Participating in, and provide clinical support to business development activities on an as-needed basis
- M.D. or M.D./Ph.D. degree required
- Subspecialty training and board eligibility/certification in pulmonary or related discipline with or without critical care medicine preferred
- Prior experience (2-5 years) working in the biopharmaceutical industry and/or academic setting within pulmonary therapeutic area indications preferred
- Strong strategic planning and product evaluation
- Familiarity with global regulatory and cGCP standards
- Superb verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, motivational and collaboration skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit; comfortable with rapid change, resource constraints, and the need to be flexible about roles
This opportunity will allow you to help drive the pulmonary therapeutic area at Acceleron and collaborate with knowledgeable and passionate team members. This position will enjoy and benefit from an ability to influence at an early stage the development of our pulmonary therapeutic area, including developing new areas of focus beyond the current focus on pulmonary arterial hypertension. Further, you will gain exposure to development programs outside of the pulmonary TA, including exposure within our hematologic and neuromuscular TA programs here at Acceleron. It is an exciting time to work at Acceleron, with our company growth and advancing drug pipeline. You will tackle exciting challenges in a fast-paced environment working with other professionals dedicated to applying our technology to improve the lives of patients with pulmonary disease while helping us to develop new critical initiatives within the pulmonary therapeutic area. Grow in your career and join our team!
*In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Acceleron is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapeutics to treat serious and rare diseases. Acceleron’s leadership in the understanding of TGF-beta superfamily biology and protein engineering generates innovative compounds that engage the body's ability to regulate cellular growth and repair. Acceleron focuses its research, development, and commercialization efforts in pulmonary and hematologic diseases. In pulmonary, Acceleron is developing sotatercept for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH), having reported positive topline results of the PULSAR Phase 2 trial. The Company is currently planning multiple Phase 3 trials with the potential to support its long-term vision of establishing sotatercept as a backbone therapy for patients with PAH at all stages of the disease. Acceleron is also investigating the potential of its early-stage pulmonary candidate, ACE-1334, which it plans to advance into a Phase 1b/2 trial in systemic sclerosis-associated interstitial lung disease (SSc-ILD) next year. In hematology, REBLOZYL® (luspatercept-aamt) is the first and only erythroid maturation agent approved in the United States, Europe, and Canada for the treatment of anemia in certain blood disorders. REBLOZYL is part of a global collaboration partnership with Bristol Myers Squibb. The Companies co-promote REBLOZYL in the United States and are also developing luspatercept for the treatment of anemia in patient populations of myelodysplastic syndromes, beta-thalassemia, and myelofibrosis. For more information, please visit www.acceleronpharma.com. Follow Acceleron on Social Media: @AcceleronPharma and LinkedIn.