Scientist I/II, Protein Biochemistry – Discovery
What will you be doing?
- Purify and characterize untagged proteins and peptides, fusion proteins and antibodies for the R&D pipeline in both small and large scale amounts
- Perform stability and pre-formulation studies on purified proteins
- Generate and provide protein reagents to other departments in the company and to collaborators
- Develop and implement new analytical techniques to assess the mechanism of action of development candidates
- Present reports and results at various meetings, both internally and externally to collaborators and at conferences
- This position will provide the opportunity to make visible contributions to a variety of projects while interacting with a knowledgeable and dedicated multidisciplinary team
What are we looking for?
- M.Sc. with 5-10 years of purification/characterization experience or PhD in Biochemistry or related discipline with 0-2 years of experience with emphasis on protein purification and characterization. The number of years of experience of the ideal candidate will determine the level of the position offered.
- Demonstrated and solid proficiency in various techniques of protein purification including affinity, ion exchange, gel filtration, HIC, CHT, and reverse phase chromatographies.
- Experience with protein characterization techniques such as SDS-PAGE, IEF/cIEF, Western blot, SEC, DSF and RP-HPLC is also required.
- Experience with additional analytical techniques, such as LC-MS, MALS-SEC, DSC, and protein labeling is a plus.
- Should be able to work independently but enjoy collaborating with employees from various departments.
- A high level of scientific initiative is expected
How will you grow with us?
You will work within the Discovery team and will significantly contribute to our ability to be efficient and productive in our protein purification group. You will collaborate with knowledgeable and driven team members who will challenge and support you daily to push scientific boundaries and grow in your career. Passion, inquiry, and teamwork drive this group; join our team and help us achieve our goals while having fun along the way!
*In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
*Recruiters - please do not send unsolicited resumes to this posting.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO:
Acceleron is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapeutics to treat serious and rare diseases. Acceleron’s leadership in the understanding of TGF-beta superfamily biology and protein engineering generates innovative compounds that engage the body's ability to regulate cellular growth and repair. Acceleron focuses its research, development, and commercialization efforts in pulmonary and hematologic diseases. In pulmonary, Acceleron is developing sotatercept for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH), having reported positive topline results of the PULSAR Phase 2 trial. The Company is currently planning multiple Phase 3 trials with the potential to support its long-term vision of establishing sotatercept as a backbone therapy for patients with PAH at all stages of the disease. Acceleron is also investigating the potential of its early-stage pulmonary candidate, ACE-1334, which it plans to advance into a Phase 1b/2 trial in systemic sclerosis-associated interstitial lung disease (SSc-ILD) next year. In hematology, REBLOZYL® (luspatercept-aamt) is the first and only erythroid maturation agent approved in the United States, Europe, and Canada for the treatment of anemia in certain blood disorders. REBLOZYL is part of a global collaboration partnership with Bristol Myers Squibb. The Companies co-promote REBLOZYL in the United States and are also developing luspatercept for the treatment of anemia in patient populations of myelodysplastic syndromes, beta-thalassemia, and myelofibrosis. For more information, please visit www.acceleronpharma.com. Follow Acceleron on Social Media: @AcceleronPharma and LinkedIn.