Senior Director, US Payer Marketing
What’s in it for you?
The Sr. Director, US Payer Marketing is a critical role within the commercial organization, responsible for serving as strategic partner and to assist in the development and execution of Market Access strategies and tactics to maximize patient access to therapy, developing and implementing payer marketing strategies to secure, maintain and drive optimal access for the product portfolio. Reporting to the VP, North America Market Access, he/she works closely with a cross-functional group including Market Access Corporate Accounts, Patient Services & Reimbursement, Brand Marketing and Sales, Trade, Compliance, Legal, Business Analytics and external vendors among others to develop impactful strategies and tactics for patient services and reimbursement. The position requires strong knowledge of the payer, distribution and patient services space and must be a strategic thinker and the ability to drive cross-functional change both internally and externally.
What will you be doing?
- Serve as key member of Managed Markets leadership with continuous input into team goals, objectives and strategies
- Drives the development of Managed Markets over-arching business plan and product launch plans
- Collaborates with cross-functional partners (Brand Marketing, HEOR, Account Directors, Medical Affairs and other key internal stakeholders) to develop comprehensive channel strategies and tactics that align to the marketing objectives
- In partnership with Global HEOR, lead development of a compelling Managed Markets brand value propositions that communicate the clinical, economic and value-based attributes of Acceleron brands
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the Market Access strategic plan to meet customer and patient needs
- Development of strategy, programs and collateral to support education of physicians/hospitals/practices/patients on matters related to reimbursement and market access
- Oversee development of materials aimed at sales team education
- Partners with therapeutic area marketing lead to develop and execute access strategies
- Partners with Patient Services and Distribution to enhance patient access, drive process improvements and ensures effective execution within legal and compliance requirements
- This individual will monitor the changing payer landscape mergers and acquisitions (industry consolidation), benefit design trends, strategic account trends, medical loss ratios, quality metrics, and the evolution of the Affordable Care Act.
- Identify opportunities for improvement, and develop unique solutions to provide improved patient access
- Serve as a content expert for all areas related to patient services and reimbursement to champion related materials through the PRC approval process
- Partner with Legal and Compliance to ensure that all programs are consistent with the latest laws, guidance, and corporate policies
- Provide proactive market feedback to Market Access and cross functional teams on business trends, competitive updates, industry issues and opportunities
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree. MBA or advanced degree desired but not required.
- 15 years’ experience in pharmaceutical, biotech or related industry
- Prefer minimum of 6 years of experience in the following areas: Managed Care Channel Marketing, Payer Marketing, Brand Marketing, or Account Management
- Launch experience with specialty brands
- Results oriented with excellent analytic, collaboration, communication and presentation skills
- Extensive knowledge and experience across managed markets, brand marketing and sales management in the pharmaceutical, biotech, or related industry
- Experience with building and executing brand/payer business plans
- Extensive knowledge and experience across pharmaceutical product life-cycle
- Proven ability of successfully managing complexity, solving problems, and building strong relationships
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Comprehensive understanding of US healthcare system including providers, payers (public and private) and influencers
- Analytic skills including experience in conducting research, data mining, modeling, or contract analysis
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams
- An entrepreneurial spirit and ability to identify problems and barriers and quickly assimilate information to develop actionable and effective solutions
- Ability to manage ambiguity in a highly matrixed environment
*In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
*Recruiters - please do not send unsolicited resumes to this posting.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO:
Acceleron is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapeutics to treat serious and rare diseases. Acceleron’s leadership in the understanding of TGF-beta superfamily biology and protein engineering generates innovative compounds that engage the body's ability to regulate cellular growth and repair. Acceleron focuses its research, development, and commercialization efforts in pulmonary and hematologic diseases. In pulmonary, Acceleron is developing sotatercept for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH), having reported positive topline results of the PULSAR Phase 2 trial. The Company is currently planning multiple Phase 3 trials with the potential to support its long-term vision of establishing sotatercept as a backbone therapy for patients with PAH at all stages of the disease. Acceleron is also investigating the potential of its early-stage pulmonary candidate, ACE-1334, which it plans to advance into a Phase 1b/2 trial in systemic sclerosis-associated interstitial lung disease (SSc-ILD) next year. In hematology, REBLOZYL® (luspatercept-aamt) is the first and only erythroid maturation agent approved in the United States, Europe, and Canada for the treatment of anemia in certain blood disorders. REBLOZYL is part of a global collaboration partnership with Bristol Myers Squibb. The Companies co-promote REBLOZYL in the United States and are also developing luspatercept for the treatment of anemia in patient populations of myelodysplastic syndromes, beta-thalassemia, and myelofibrosis. For more information, please visit www.acceleronpharma.com. Follow Acceleron on Social Media: @AcceleronPharma and LinkedIn.