Manager, Accounting (Clinical)
What’s in it for you?
We are seeking a highly skilled Manager, Accounting to drive the clinical trial accounting process for Phase 2 and Phase 3 clinical trials related to our pulmonary program, as well as assist with general ledger accounting and reporting and SEC reporting. As a member of the Finance team, you will interact with all levels of Company management, and serve as a trusted business partner to the Company’s Clinical Research organizations. The Finance/Accounting team is a fun and supportive group that works diligently to achieve its goals. If you are excited to join a fast-paced, growing organization where you can make visible and gain invaluable operational exposure, then this role could be a great fit for you!
What will you be doing?
- Performing quarterly close activities such as preparing journal entries, reconciling balance sheet and P&L accounts, and performing analytical reviews related to clinical trials
- Developing and maintaining models for clinical activities by teaming cross-functionally with Clinical Operations, Data Management, Clinical Pharmacology, Biostatistics, and other Clinical Research functions
- Interacting with vendors, including CROs, and internal stakeholders and providing excellent customer service
- Assisting with quarterly review and annual financial statement audit preparation, helping to ensure that high-quality financial information and documentation is created and easily accessible
- Assisting in maintaining the control environment and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- Participating in process improvement activities including enhancing current financial processes, and leverage technology to increase effectiveness
- Assisting with SEC reporting
- Conducting technical accounting research and assisting with ad hoc projects as they may arise
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 4+ years of progressive experience in a pharmaceutical or biotech accounting environment
- Experience in a Big 4 public accounting firm and CPA preferred
- Must possess a strong knowledge of accounting principles, including GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Strong analytical and Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel
- Experience with ERP systems; Oracle Fusion preferred
- Attention to detail and accuracy and ability to manage time effectively
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities with deadlines, without sacrificing quality
- Must demonstrate leadership and initiative and be able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Embrace our core values: Team collaboration, Accelerating drug discovery, Commitment to patients, Employee development
How will you grow with us?
Our active pipeline and fast pace provide an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team and take on a hands-on role where you will be able to significantly contribute to the strategy and initiatives within the Finance group. With key regulatory milestones approaching for its lead product candidate, and other pipeline assets advancing in the clinic, Acceleron is entering one of the most exciting periods in its history. This opportunity will allow you to develop your skills by taking on new challenges and partnering with sharp and dedicated team members who will motivate and support you. Join our team and apply today!
*In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
*Recruiters - please do not send unsolicited resumes to this posting.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:
Acceleron is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapeutics to treat serious and rare diseases. Acceleron’s leadership in the understanding of TGF-beta superfamily biology and protein engineering generates innovative compounds that engage the body's ability to regulate cellular growth and repair. Acceleron focuses its commercialization, research, and development efforts in hematologic and pulmonary diseases. In hematology, REBLOZYL® (luspatercept-aamt) is the first and only erythroid maturation agent approved in the United States and Europe for the treatment of anemia in certain blood disorders. REBLOZYL is part of a global collaboration partnership with Bristol Myers Squibb. The Companies co-promote REBLOZYL in the United States and are also developing luspatercept for the treatment of anemia in patient populations of MDS, beta-thalassemia, and myelofibrosis. In pulmonary, Acceleron is developing sotatercept for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension, having recently reported positive topline results of the Phase 2 PULSAR trial. For more information, please visit www.acceleronpharma.com. Follow Acceleron on Social Media: @AcceleronPharma and LinkedIn.