Lab operation specialist, Discovery Group
What’s in it for you?
As a member of the Discovery department, you will be working with an interactive, multi-disciplinary team to support lab activities. The candidate will contribute to the oversight of laboratory management, including equipment, lab safety and day to day operations. The candidate will also coordinate activities within various lab disciplines in Discovery in collaboration with Facilities. The qualified candidate will be hired at the appropriate level commensurate with education and years of experience.
What will you be doing?
- Establish and maintain general research reagent inventories.
- Order general lab supplies specific to various Discovery groups and anticipate, address and modify needed supplies as necessary.
- Act as the Discovery point person with Facilities:
- Discuss infrastructure
- Oversee installation/maintenance/repair/replacement of lab equipment
- Ensure cleanliness of the labs and dispose of old equipment appropriately
- Participate in employee on-boarding/off-boarding in the Discovery labs, such as ensuring uncluttered lab space and training lab personnel on lab conduct and administrative practices.
- Coordinate with IT to establish laboratory information systems.
- Enforce compliance with safety and lab procedures by overseeing the use of proper personal protective equipment by lab personnel. Act as lab emergency contact.
- Organize and manage Discovery lab space and resources, such as benches, freezers, refrigerators and liquid nitrogen space.
- Manage capital budget for the Discovery group.
- Prepare reagent shipments to CROs and collaborators in a timely manner and coordinate with Facilities and various couriers as necessary.
- Interact with the Legal team for executing CDA/ MTA and any other collaboration as needed.
- Help Discovery employees with conference logistics.
What are we looking for?
- Sc. in life sciences, engineering or equivalent with 5 years of experience in pharma/biotech industry in Facilities or laboratory personnel
- Experience in managing various processes and equipment maintenance
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Knowledge of molecular and cell biology, purification, characterization and animal handling equipment is a plus
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team setting
How will you grow with us?
You will work within the Discovery team and will significantly contribute to our ability to be efficient and productive in our laboratory operations. You will collaborate with knowledgeable and driven team members who will challenge and support you daily to push scientific boundaries and grow in your career. Passion, inquiry, and teamwork drive this group; join our team and help us achieve our goals while having fun along the way!
*In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
*Recruiters - please do not send unsolicited resumes to this posting.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO:
Acceleron is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapeutics to treat serious and rare diseases. Acceleron’s leadership in the understanding of TGF-beta superfamily biology and protein engineering generates innovative compounds that engage the body's ability to regulate cellular growth and repair. Acceleron focuses its commercialization, research, and development efforts in hematologic and pulmonary diseases. In hematology, REBLOZYL® (luspatercept-aamt) is the first and only erythroid maturation agent approved in the United States and Europe for the treatment of anemia in certain blood disorders. REBLOZYL is part of a global collaboration partnership with Bristol Myers Squibb. The Companies co-promote REBLOZYL in the United States and are also developing luspatercept for the treatment of anemia in patient populations of MDS, beta-thalassemia, and myelofibrosis. In pulmonary, Acceleron is developing sotatercept for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension, having recently reported positive topline results of the Phase 2 PULSAR trial. For more information, please visit www.acceleronpharma.com. Follow Acceleron on Social Media: @AcceleronPharma and LinkedIn.