Senior Manager, Market Insights (Forecasting)
What’s in it for you?
As the Sr. Manager of Market Insights you will have responsibility for global forecasting and related assumption development/validation in support of our hematology and pulmonary franchises. You will actively influence commercial strategy and planning efforts by providing objective, comprehensive in-depth insights to the organization about current and future market trends, product performance, customers and competitors. You will actively participate in commercial planning efforts by providing unbiased, objective forecasts based on the synthesis of market research and competitive intelligence. Additionally, you will identify critical business issues and opportunities for growth, collaborate with cross functional teams, and work to embed an external market point-of view into the strategic direction of the company. You will support development, launch, in-line, or line extension activities and will influence decision-making within the organization.
What will you be doing?
- Supporting leadership by providing actionable intelligence on US and global market trends, customer insights and competitive positioning
- Integrating with broader Commercial team to clearly understand key business questions; formulating plan to utilize market research and secondary data sources to address key questions with actionable insights
- Utilize secondary data and literature along with primary research to develop and validate epidemiology for commercial and pipeline programs.
- Developing patient-based forecasting models for early-to-mid stage assets
- Working closely with Operations partners to ensure forecast, primary research, secondary data and other sources of information provide a holistic view of the market and our customers
- Collaborate with Supply Planning partners and support S&OP
- Partner with other cross functional teams, including business development, with forecasting and analytical support
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in business, science or related field. A master’s degree (MBA) strongly preferred
- 5-8 years of experience working in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry with emphasis 3+ years in forecasting and/or market research
- Experience in pulmonary arterial hypertension market a plus.
- Experience conducting market research with physicians, healthcare providers, and/or patients and presenting key findings to relevant parties
- Experience with or exposure to both US and ex-US commercial requirements
- Strong analytical skills with the capability to appropriately define issues, questions and data; to comprehend quantitative methods and analytical techniques; to perform accurate analysis (correctly calculated numbers, accurate graphs); to cross-check data and assumptions; to document and establish data trails; and to think creatively about different ways to analyze data and information
- Excellent quantitative background that supports the analysis of data to better understand market dynamics and provide insights into product performance and marketing strategy
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to drive toward consensus
- Exceptional persuasive written and verbal communication skills. Willingness to present the facts and put forth hypothesis in the face of differing opinions
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to establish logical flow and story and skilled in choosing best graphic representation for points to be made
- Ability to self-direct projects and work with little supervision
- Entrepreneurial spirit; comfortable with rapid change, resource constraints, and the need to be flexible about roles
How will you grow with us?
In this role, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the strategic direction of our Pulmonary programs as you drive market research, data analysis, and competitive analysis activities for these therapeutic areas. As a member of our growing Commercial team, you will have a direct, hands-on experience in a fast-paced environment working alongside passionate and supportive colleagues. It is an exciting time to work at Acceleron with our advancing pipeline and dedication to improving the lives of patients. If you are looking for a challenging position at an innovative company, then join our team!
*In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
*Recruiters - please do not send unsolicited resumes to this posting.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO:
Acceleron is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapeutics to treat serious and rare diseases. Acceleron’s leadership in the understanding of TGF-beta superfamily biology and protein engineering generates innovative compounds that engage the body's ability to regulate cellular growth and repair. Acceleron focuses its research, development, and commercialization efforts in pulmonary and hematologic diseases. In pulmonary, Acceleron is developing sotatercept for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH), having reported positive topline results of the PULSAR Phase 2 trial. The Company is currently planning multiple Phase 3 trials with the potential to support its long-term vision of establishing sotatercept as a backbone therapy for patients with PAH at all stages of the disease. Acceleron is also investigating the potential of its early-stage pulmonary candidate, ACE-1334, which it plans to advance into a Phase 1b/2 trial in systemic sclerosis-associated interstitial lung disease (SSc-ILD) next year. In hematology, REBLOZYL® (luspatercept-aamt) is the first and only erythroid maturation agent approved in the United States, Europe, and Canada for the treatment of anemia in certain blood disorders. REBLOZYL is part of a global collaboration partnership with Bristol Myers Squibb. The Companies co-promote REBLOZYL in the United States and are also developing luspatercept for the treatment of anemia in patient populations of myelodysplastic syndromes, beta-thalassemia, and myelofibrosis. For more information, please visit www.acceleronpharma.com. Follow Acceleron on Social Media: @AcceleronPharma and LinkedIn.