IT Helpdesk Technician
What you’ll be doing?
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, or electronically.
- Provisions and deprovisions network and applications accounts using Active Directory, Office 365, and Okta
- Install software and computer hardware, primarily supporting Microsoft Windows, Office 365, and Lenovo laptops.
- Setup workstations, including physical installation of computer, dock, monitor, docking station, telephone, and miscellaneous peripherals.
- Install and upgrade software, update computer hardware including firmware updates, RAM and disk upgrades.
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues, taking ownership of issue resolution, researching solutions as required.
- Advise users on IT best practice for usage of IT software and hardware.
- Document and follow standard helpdesk procedures
- Remediate malware infections, and advise employees following IT best practice, and IT incident management procures.
- Support mobile devices, including iPhone/iPad and Android
- Support company audio/video solutions, including digital signage, room schedulers, and video conferencing
- Administer help desk software, routing tickets and logging all helpdesk interactions timely.
- Escalate and re-direct problems to the appropriate resource as needed.
- Help with IT inventory, including procurement duties.
What are we looking for?
- 2-4 years of hands-on help desk experience
- Proficiency in Windows 10, Office 365, MS Teams, Okta
- Experience with IT troubleshooting, PC imaging, troubleshooting PC and lab hardware, installing software, and setting up/configuring mobile devices
- Excellent customer service, team attitude and interpersonal skills
- Audio/Visual systems support experience a plus
- Ability to work outside normal business hours if required to include evenings and weekends
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
How will you grow with us?
It is an exciting time to work at Acceleron, with our company growth and advancing drug pipeline. You will tackle exciting challenges in a fast-paced environment working with other professionals dedicated to applying our technology to improve the lives of patients with pulmonary disease while helping us to develop new critical initiatives within the pulmonary therapeutic area. Grow in your career and join our team!
Acceleron is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapeutics to treat serious and rare diseases. Acceleron’s leadership in the understanding of TGF-beta superfamily biology and protein engineering generates innovative compounds that engage the body's ability to regulate cellular growth and repair. Acceleron focuses its research, development, and commercialization efforts in pulmonary and hematologic diseases. In pulmonary, Acceleron is developing sotatercept for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH), having reported positive topline results of the PULSAR Phase 2 trial. The Company is currently planning multiple Phase 3 trials with the potential to support its long-term vision of establishing sotatercept as a backbone therapy for patients with PAH at all stages of the disease. Acceleron is also investigating the potential of its early-stage pulmonary candidate, ACE-1334, which it plans to advance into a Phase 1b/2 trial in systemic sclerosis-associated interstitial lung disease (SSc-ILD) next year. In hematology, REBLOZYL® (luspatercept-aamt) is the first and only erythroid maturation agent approved in the United States, Europe, and Canada for the treatment of anemia in certain blood disorders. REBLOZYL is part of a global collaboration partnership with Bristol Myers Squibb. The Companies co-promote REBLOZYL in the United States and are also developing luspatercept for the treatment of anemia in patient populations of myelodysplastic syndromes, beta-thalassemia, and myelofibrosis. For more information, please visit www.acceleronpharma.com. Follow Acceleron on Social Media: @AcceleronPharma and LinkedIn.