Vice President, N. America Market Access, Patient Services & Distribution
What’s in it for you?
The VP, Market Access, Trade & Distribution is responsible for leading the North America market access function which includes field reimbursement, patient services, commercial and government payer accounts and distribution operations that directly supports the commercial success of Acceleron’s novel therapy for pulmonary arterial hypertension-Sotatercept. The responsibilities include building the functional capabilities and providing strategic leadership to ensure broad access to sotatercept across all channels; effectively manage value, contract and pricing; strategic planning & management of product distribution & channel strategy; reimbursement and payer access; developing a world class patient services model for rare disease; delivering strategic insights for launch planning. This position reports to the Chief Commercial Officer and is based in Cambridge, MA.
What will you do?
- Leads the Market Access, Patient Services and Distribution functions in the commercial organization, with responsibility for creation and execution of strategies that facilitate effective market access for Sotatercept;
- Assess needs and formulates a road map for this newly established function including structure, sub functions, capabilities, hiring plan an
- Manages relationships with national and regional payers, insurance/managed care organizations and integrated delivery networks, to collaborate and ensure access to care;
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to leverage and implement reimbursement, managed care, payer and healthcare policies that ensure attainment of managed markets business objectives;
- Develops managed market pricing strategies consistent with customer and market indications and the overall portfolio targeting long-term commercial success;
- Leads the strategic and tactical development of distribution for the product(s) as well as contracting, implementation, and operational management of identified 3PL, Specialty Pharmacies and Specialty Distributors. This includes ensuring that a high level of collaboration and integration with the Brand Teams, Finance, and Manufacturing teams is maintained;
- Collaborates with Medical Affairs and Global HEOR & Access team members to ensure the creation of a clinical value dossier for incorporating differentiating and compelling product data;
- Formulates and oversees a patient services model and its operations
- Develops and manages departmental budgets that effectively achieve desired goals that are balanced with the financial objectives of the broader commercial organization;
- Ensures compliance with corporate policies and procedures, as well as, US healthcare laws and regulations.
- Designs and builds the team of high performing individuals and is responsible for developing talent, mentoring, and coaching people.
- Fosters a team culture of engagement, accountability, collaboration, innovation, sense of urgency to serve patient needs and achieving Acceleron’s corporate vision.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree; MBA, PharmD, or advanced degree preferred;
- 15+ years of progressive experience within sales, marketing, or managed markets roles in account management, formulary access, reimbursement, distribution, program development, contract negotiations and policy development;
- 7 to 10 years national and regional direct account management experience with responsibility across multiple payer types;
- Public policy experience, highly desirable;
- Proven long-term relationships with 3rd party payers (commercial / government payers), distribution and trade (3PL, wholesale, specialty pharmacy), physician networks, and healthcare systems;
- Ability to positively position a new company in the Managed Care sector in order to achieve top pharma image and benefits;
- Experience with rare disease and or pulmonary diseases like IPF, PAH, SScLD, is a major advantage;
- Previous experience of successfully developing and leading managed markets/payer initiatives that supported product launches;
- Well versed in pharma/payer strategies, engagement, contracting terms across various segments; including commercial, Medicare Part B & D, and Federal systems like DOD, VA; experience with injectable biologics;
- Flexible, adaptable, diplomatic, and able to effectively deal with ambiguity.
- Possesses a good blend of strategic and operational experience with the ability to see the big picture and strong attention to detail;
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively present ideas, get buy-in and drive consensus within the commercial organization and across project teams;
- Ability to travel in-order to foster positive customer relationships and manage a remote team of Account Managers is required;
- Successful experience in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
*In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
*Recruiters - please do not send unsolicited resumes to this posting.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO:
Acceleron is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapeutics to treat serious and rare diseases. Acceleron’s leadership in the understanding of TGF-beta superfamily biology and protein engineering generates innovative compounds that engage the body's ability to regulate cellular growth and repair. Acceleron focuses its commercialization, research, and development efforts in hematologic and pulmonary diseases. In hematology, REBLOZYL® (luspatercept-aamt) is the first and only erythroid maturation agent approved in the United States and Europe for the treatment of anemia in certain blood disorders. REBLOZYL is part of a global collaboration partnership with Bristol Myers Squibb. The Companies co-promote REBLOZYL in the United States and are also developing luspatercept for the treatment of anemia in patient populations of MDS, beta-thalassemia, and myelofibrosis. In pulmonary, Acceleron is developing sotatercept for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension, having recently reported positive topline results of the Phase 2 PULSAR trial. For more information, please visit www.acceleronpharma.com. Follow Acceleron on Social Media: @AcceleronPharma and LinkedIn.