US Head of Marketing, Pulmonary
Acceleron is recruiting a seasoned biotech marketing leader to join our dynamic customer centric organization with a focus on transforming lives of patients with rare diseases. The position will be based in at the Acceleron HQ in Cambridge, MA. This key Leadership position will oversee, develop, and employ various marketing initiatives and branding efforts to achieve our long- and short-term organizational goals. This individual should have a successful track record of establishing and leading marketing strategy in a dynamic environment. The ideal candidate has significant expertise building brand awareness and being a thought leader with the ability to execute scalable strategies that drive customer benefits leading to win-win results.
- Lead and execute Acceleron’s novel PAH therapy launch for the U.S. market.
- Build a transformational team of marketing experts to establish a new standard of care
- Collaborate with core cross-functional leaders in building their teams to exceed customer expectations
- Provide leadership to the cross functional team to accomplish the corporate brand objectives
- Effectively translate scientific, clinical, and market research data into strategies, messaging, and operationalize tactical plans.
- Create commercial strategies and collaborate with global team to optimize the brand life cycle plans for the pulmonary franchise
- Understand the therapy area(s) to create innovative, patient-focused strategies and solutions.
- Lead US annual & 3-year operational plans to achieve forecasts and budget targets
- Effectively manage P&L and brand(s) margins
- Balance need for investing for the near term versus longer term brand investments & strategies
- Coordinate with Sales, Training and Medical Affairs to lead strategic annual plans as well as POA meetings to achieve brand objectives
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, and policies.
- Develop, coach, and manage performance of direct reports
- Develop and sustain highly-collaborative and effective cross-functional working relationships with US and European colleagues
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with PH thought leaders, key customers, and professional organizations
- Work in close conjunction with Marketing operations to establish appropriate procedures, systems, metrics, and infrastructures
- Provide a strong voice on Acceleron’s commercial Leadership Team and the Global Brand Team
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree with a preference for advanced degree including MBA
- Minimum of 15 years of professional experience working in the BioPharmaceutical industry
- 10 plus years of demonstrated marketing leadership roles in the U.S. for specialty therapeutics
- Proven success in marketing strategy and tactics particularly in the area of specialty products with a preferably having direct experience in rare pulmonary and or cardiovascular disorders
- Successfully led blockbuster product launches and driven portfolio growth
- Built and led strong teams and demonstration of highly influential leadership abilities
- Strong understanding of all aspects of biologic product launches and US regulations including OPDP, compliance, legal.
- Deep insights in shaping patient services and access needs to achieve brand objectives
- Highly analytical to assess data and research with a critical angle and chart the course of action
- Ability to multi-task, work with high sense of urgency
- Inspire team to deliver and excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to lead, interact with, focus, mediate / resolve conflict, and drive consensus among individuals from a variety of cultures and disciplines.
Acceleron is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapeutics to treat serious and rare diseases. Acceleron’s leadership in the understanding of TGF-beta superfamily biology and protein engineering generates innovative compounds that engage the body's ability to regulate cellular growth and repair. Acceleron focuses its commercialization, research, and development efforts in hematologic and pulmonary diseases. In hematology, REBLOZYL® (luspatercept-aamt) is the first and only erythroid maturation agent approved in the United States and Europe for the treatment of anemia in certain blood disorders. REBLOZYL is part of a global collaboration partnership with Bristol Myers Squibb. The Companies co-promote REBLOZYL in the United States and are also developing luspatercept for the treatment of anemia in patient populations of MDS, beta-thalassemia, and myelofibrosis. In pulmonary, Acceleron is developing sotatercept for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension, having recently reported positive topline results of the Phase 2 PULSAR trial. For more information, please visit www.acceleronpharma.com. Follow Acceleron on Social Media: @AcceleronPharma and LinkedIn.