Research Associate II /Associate Scientist I, Biology
What’s in it for you?
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated scientist to join the Translational Biology Group. The primary responsibility for this position will be to develop, optimize, and validate bioanalytical assays to support late stage preclinical and clinical studies. This hire will have a significant role in contributing towards validating therapeutic potential of different drug candidates targeting the TGF-beta superfamily signaling pathway to help us achieve our goal of transforming patients’ lives.
What will you be doing?
- Develop, optimize, and troubleshoot ligand binding, enzymatic activity, and cell-based assays using various techniques
- Perform routine and non-routine analytical testing of study samples
- Collecting and processing tissue samples from various animal models and humans
- Assist in maintaining general laboratory functionality, including lab equipment maintenance, and ordering and receipt of lab supplies
- Maintain clear, accurate written records of laboratory procedures, results and diligent and timely documentation of experiments in ELN and reports
- Communicate findings with internal and external teams/partners in a clear and concise manner
What are we looking for?
- S/M.S in biological sciences or related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years of research experience, preferably related to drug discovery and translational sciences. Prior industry experience is a plus.
- Experience with proteins/antibodies and development and optimization of ligand binding assays across multiple platforms (ELISA, MSD and Luminex)
- Experience in RNA isolation, quantitative PCR and other RNA based technologies
- Exceptional research, organizational, and communication skills (both written and oral) coupled with a strong attention to details.
- Experience with technology transfers of assays to CRO’s is highly valuable
How will you grow with us?
It is truly an exciting time to join the Acceleron team with our robust pipeline and innovative science. As a part of the Translational and Exploratory Biology group, you will get a meaningful, hands-on experience where you will learn and expand upon your skills alongside a knowledgeable and supportive team. If you are looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to contribute to cutting-edge science, then join us!
*In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
*Recruiters - please do not send unsolicited resumes to this posting.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO:
Acceleron is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapeutics to treat serious and rare diseases. Acceleron’s leadership in the understanding of TGF-beta superfamily biology and protein engineering generates innovative compounds that engage the body's ability to regulate cellular growth and repair. Acceleron focuses its research, development, and commercialization efforts in pulmonary and hematologic diseases. In pulmonary, Acceleron is developing sotatercept for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH), having reported positive topline results of the PULSAR Phase 2 trial. The Company is currently planning multiple Phase 3 trials with the potential to support its long-term vision of establishing sotatercept as a backbone therapy for patients with PAH at all stages of the disease. Acceleron is also investigating the potential of its early-stage pulmonary candidate, ACE-1334, which it plans to advance into a Phase 1b/2 trial in systemic sclerosis-associated interstitial lung disease (SSc-ILD) next year. In hematology, REBLOZYL® (luspatercept-aamt) is the first and only erythroid maturation agent approved in the United States, Europe, and Canada for the treatment of anemia in certain blood disorders. REBLOZYL is part of a global collaboration partnership with Bristol Myers Squibb. The Companies co-promote REBLOZYL in the United States and are also developing luspatercept for the treatment of anemia in patient populations of myelodysplastic syndromes, beta-thalassemia, and myelofibrosis. For more information, please visit www.acceleronpharma.com. Follow Acceleron on Social Media: @AcceleronPharma and LinkedIn.