Regional Director, Field Medical Affairs - West
What is it in for you?
Reporting to the Sr. National Director of U.S. Field Medical Affairs, the Regional Director will be a member of the U.S. Field Medical Affairs Leadership Team. In alignment with Medical Affairs’ strategies, the successful candidate will be responsible for the development and implementation of regional field medical strategies, including establishing the goals and objectives. The Regional Director will collaborate closely with the Sr. National Director to build and manage the reginal Field Medical Affairs team, oversee the effective execution of the field medical plan and key MSL programs regionally or nationally if necessary.
What will you be doing?
- Manage and develop all regional MSLs including hiring, training, coaching, evaluating, and motivating in alignment with Acceleron’s corporate strategies and objectives. Provide leadership to achieve excellent team operational results.
- Participate actively as a member of the Field Medical Leadership team in strategic planning, metrics development, plan execution and reporting oversight, continuing to broaden the organizational impact and the scope of the Field Medical functions.
- Be accountable for aligning regional strategies with national Field Medical strategies.
- Oversee and critically manage external stakeholders engagement strategies, including key institute engagement plan, Center of Excellence, HCPs engagement plan, payer, and patient advocacy organization. Offer key insights to improve and adjust MSL engagement tactical plan over time.
- Lead and support internal Medical Affairs projects, such as advisory boards, medical roundtable, speaker training, CME programs, Phase 4 Studies, ISS program, special scientific slide development for regulatory needs, etc.
- Partner with clinical and medical operations’ teams to coordinate research support for sites/investigators, participate in company sponsored clinical trials, accelerate recruitment, and enhance study retentions.
- Attend medical/scientific meetings to represent Field Medical Affairs and synthesize medical insight to enhance program strategies.
- Facilitate the communication of the medical community opinions, insights and feedbacks on new data, clinical trends, and the evolving PAH landscape to internal stakeholders in order to enhance scientific understanding and internal strategies.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on sotatercept and Acceleron’s pipeline drugs.
- Promote teamwork, trust, and respect. Embrace Acceleron’s culture and Core Values and exhibit leadership commitment.
- Work closely with the Senior National Director to ensure future staffing by cultivating a talent pool, actively support the existing field medical team by being their advocate and spokesperson, promoting collaboration and cohesion within the team.
- Conduct 1:1 meetings with MSLs in your region as well as quarterly field visits, delivering observations and providing coaching.
- Partner with Medical Training to ensure material quality and execute training programs to develop MSLs.
- Ensure MSL compliance and adherence to company policies and operating guidelines.
What are we looking for?
You will possess the following capabilities and characteristics:
- PharmD, MD or PhD in life sciences
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in industry, 3-5 years in Field Medical Affairs leadership position
- Demonstrated track record of mentoring/coaching MSLs, effective leadership skills (by example and through accomplishments), and ability to lead a field team and step forward to handle challenges within scope of authority
- Previous leadership and launch experiences are strongly preferred
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to manage shifting priorities in a rapidly changing environment
- Working knowledge of US-specific legal, regulatory, and compliance regulations and guidelines
- Overnight business travel of up to 50-60% domestically may be required
Acceleron is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapeutics to treat serious and rare diseases. Acceleron’s leadership in the understanding of TGF-beta superfamily biology and protein engineering generates innovative compounds that engage the body's ability to regulate cellular growth and repair. Acceleron focuses its research, development, and commercialization efforts in pulmonary and hematologic diseases. In pulmonary, Acceleron is developing sotatercept for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH), having reported positive topline results of the PULSAR Phase 2 trial. The Company is currently planning multiple Phase 3 trials with the potential to support its long-term vision of establishing sotatercept as a backbone therapy for patients with PAH at all stages of the disease. Acceleron is also investigating the potential of its early-stage pulmonary candidate, ACE-1334, which it plans to advance into a Phase 1b/2 trial in systemic sclerosis-associated interstitial lung disease (SSc-ILD) next year. In hematology, REBLOZYL® (luspatercept-aamt) is the first and only erythroid maturation agent approved in the United States, Europe, and Canada for the treatment of anemia in certain blood disorders. REBLOZYL is part of a global collaboration partnership with Bristol Myers Squibb. The Companies co-promote REBLOZYL in the United States and are also developing luspatercept for the treatment of anemia in patient populations of myelodysplastic syndromes, beta-thalassemia, and myelofibrosis. For more information, please visit www.acceleronpharma.com. Follow Acceleron on Social Media: @AcceleronPharma and LinkedIn.