Lead Software Engineer - Java
ABOUT Your Role:
As a Technical Lead, you will work in a collaborative Agile environment and you will be involved with setting technical direction and collaborating on new ideas, as well as realizing these ideas in code. If you have a demonstrated track record of innovative thinking, technical mastery and peer guidance, then this is the role for you!
ABOUT Your Contributions:
- Mentor, manage, and develop team members, supporting them in meeting business needs
- Improve and maintain the design and architecture of our web platform.
- Develop and maintain performant and robust server side systems.
- Research new technologies and approaches to solve problems and improve existing systems.
- Design systems and APIs meant to be used and extended by other teams while maintaining code quality and architectural consistency.
- 7+ years in a full stack web development position, with at least 2 years of that time in a position of seniority
- Demonstrated leadership and management experience
- Expansive knowledge of modern Java with proven application
- In depth knowledge of Jetty and web platform tuning
- Experience with web templating languages (e.g., Mustache, FTL, JSP)
- Experience with at least one server-side framework (e.g. Spring, Play)
About.com is reimagining the way people find expert advice and answers online. Through its premium vertical brands including Verywell, The Balance, Lifewire and its namesake About.com, we help tens of millions of users each month answer questions, solve problems, learn something new and find inspiration on topics they deeply care about.