Sr. Software Engineer - Front-End
ABOUT Your Role:
We are looking for a Senior Front-End Developer with a demonstrated track record of innovative thinking, technical mastery, and peer guidance. You will work in a collaborative Agile environment, and as a Senior Front-End Developer you will be involved with setting technical direction and collaborating on new ideas, as well as realizing these ideas in code.
ABOUT Your Contributions:
- Mentor other developers on your team.
- Participate in conversations about the design and architecture of our web platform.
- Develop responsive and elegant cross-platform functionality.
- Research new technologies and approaches to solve problems and improve existing systems.
- 4+ years in a front-end web development position, with at least 1 year of that time in a position of seniority
- Significant experience building templates using a server-side templating engine (e.g. JSP, TWIG, Handlebars, EJS, ERB).
- Familiarity with at least one server-side MVC framework (e.g. Spring, Django, Rails, Express)
About.com is reimagining the way people find expert advice and answers online. Through its premium vertical brands including Verywell, The Balance, Lifewire and its namesake About.com, we help tens of millions of users each month answer questions, solve problems, learn something new and find inspiration on topics they deeply care about.