Freelance Video Producer - Web
ABOUT Your Role:
If you have experience creating short web videos from start to finish than this is a great role for you. It’s an exciting time to join About’s video team as we make a big push into social video and completely revamp our video programming. As a Video Producer, you’ll essentially be a “preditor,” responsible for coming up with new ideas; shooting and lighting; and editing, including basic color correction and motion graphics. You don’t need to be a graphic designer, but it’s important you have a good working knowledge of After Effects and stylish design sensibility. We’re looking for producers who love web video and who are eager to dream up clever new ways to make instructional content.
ABOUT Your Contributions:
- As a big fan of web video and video publishers (from Tastemade to Insider to Vox) you will bring fresh video ideas to the About video strategy and a can-do approach to getting those videos out into the world, fast.
- You’ll develop clever, new ways to illustrate concepts and tell stories. You’ll collaborate with the video team and across divisions to research and pitch video ideas.
- You’re organized, creative, driven, and fast – able to own multiple video productions from start to finish. You’ll develop concepts, shoot, edit, create GFX, upload, and manage assets.
- You’ll solve big and small problems before they arise, and take ownership of critical details like scouting locations, casting, and procuring props.
- Extensive knowledge of digital cinema cameras and at least 3 years shooting experience. Bonus points for experience with the FS7. Proficiency with basic lighting and audio and gear; ability to troubleshoot audio and lighting challenges quickly.
- Skilled at turning around edits fast using Adobe Premier, After Effects, and Photoshop.
- A Facebook-video sensibility: Experience creating and building motion graphics to layer on to live-action video, basic text motion skills, and a stylish design and edit sensibility. Genuine knowledge of the online video space, particularly social videos.
- 3+ years experience producing videos professionally for a digital publisher, production house, or digital content company. Experience owning video productions from initial pitch through upload.
About.com is reimagining the way people find expert advice and answers online. Through its premium vertical brands including The Spruce, Verywell, The Balance, Lifewire and its namesake About.com, we help tens of millions of users each month answer questions, solve problems, learn something new and find inspiration on topics they deeply care about.