Senior Digital Designer
ABOUT Your Role:
Be a part of the evolution of About.com, the fastest growing online publisher, as we continue to build new and vibrant premium brands such as Verywell.com, TheSpruce.com & TheBalance.com. As Senior Digital Designer, you will be responsible for creating best-in-class experiences by combining thoughtful visual storytelling with performance-driven insights for our external clients and internal brands.
ABOUT Your Contributions:
- Translate marketing, advertising, PR, and branding objectives into strategic, purposeful and visually creative designs for: branded content, landing pages, rich media, custom destinations, infographics, and sales materials
- Adept at both pre-sales and post-sales workflow and production needs
- Collaborate closely with other designers, marketers and front-end developers to produce visually compelling and well-executed digital experiences of the highest quality
- Juggle multiple projects under tight deadlines and see projects through to fruition from initial design concept to delivery
- Design for existing product specifications and innovate on new offerings
- 4-7 years in a web design role for a digital publisher or agency, preferably with experience designing for branded content
- Strong visual design skills including composition, typography, photo retouching, and illustration to tell a story
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Cloud—specifically Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign; Knowledge of motion design is a big plus
- A strong understanding of best practices and current trends in graphic, advertising, interaction, and editorial design and technology
- Experience in production workflows: managing feedback rounds, packaging assets, collaborating with developers and internal teams
- Basic web design skills (lightweight CSS, HTML) and enthusiasm for UI and interaction enhancements such as animations and data visualization
About.com is reimagining the way people find expert advice and answers online. Through its premium vertical brands including Verywell, The Balance, Lifewire, The Spruce, ThoughtCo. and its namesake About.com, we help tens of millions of users each month answer questions, solve problems, learn something new and find inspiration on topics they deeply care about.