Parent Empowerment Facilitator
WHITE MOUNTAIN APACHE BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SERVICES, INC.
POSITION: PARENT EMPOWERMENT FACILITATOR
CLASSIFICATION CODE: EXEMPT FULL TIME
DEPARTMENT: CHILD, ADOLESCENT & FAMILY SERVICES
REPORTS TO: CHILD, ADOLESCENT & FAMILY CLINICAL SUPERVISOR
STATEMENT OF JOB: This Position provides therapeutic services to children, adolescents and adults enrolled or eligible to be enrolled with Apache Behavioral Health Services Inc. (ABHS). The Parent Empowerment Facilitator provides skills training, counseling, clinical support and assessment for children and their families. This position coordinates referral services to appropriate entities and acts in collaboration with other Child and Family Team and Adult Recovery Team members, including other clinicians, case managers, families, and other stakeholders. This position will also act as an advocate for the client as appropriate.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages a caseload of enrolled clients who need support groups and other auxiliary therapeutic services.
- Engages clients and their families in individual and group counseling, skills training, and assessment services. Facilitates family, individual, and group counseling, skill training, and education programs.
- Provides services at the clinic, in the community, children’s shelters, adult shelters, and in client’s homes to ensure client obtains all benefits and services necessary to be successful in completing all treatment plan initiatives.
- Refers to and/or coordinates with ABHS clinician when a client needs a higher level of service.
- Documents contact with clients to assess needs, maintain required paperwork, and engage family members. Complete comprehensive assessments and assessment updates in accordance with Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS) and ABHS Standards. Completes and updates client treatment plans.
- Ability to accurately perform assessments and diagnoses with people presenting with high comorbidity of substance abuse and trauma-related manifestations under clinical supervision.
- Ability to provide client walk-in services as related to the service needs of clients.
- Ability to facilitate referral process to assure continuity of care across programs at ABHS.
- Verify and print Medifax confirmation information for intake process as needed.
- Complete data entry in electronic health record all intake information for new clients.
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility and competence in adjusting to clientele, including children, adolescents, adults, and families, with varying degrees of traumatic experiences and complex psychological presentations.
- Ability to address a variety of diverse spiritual, emotional, and social needs in multiple environments of an often-high-risk population, using a trauma-informed care approach while maintaining a high degree of professionalism and cultural awareness.
- Collaborates with schools, courts/probation, tribal/community agencies, families, and other natural support systems to ensure client’s needs are met. Develops a strong working relationship with community partners.
- Participates in interdepartmental clinical team meetings to assist and encourage consistent and timely provision of services. Participates in weekly clinical staffing with other members of the clinical team to review client progress and service requirements.
- Facilitates group counseling, skill training, and education programs in coordination with ABHS clinician.
- Attends all appropriate team meetings to review client progress and service requirements.
- Collaborates with community services to ensure appropriate referrals.
- Participation in all required ABHS training.
- Abide by all applicable policies, procedures, and program standards of ABHS, White Mountain Apache Tribe, Indian Health Services, Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS) and other pertinent regulatory authorities.
- Maintain ethical policies and guidelines as outlined in accepted State ethics laws, rules, policies, and principles and as outlined in discipline-specific code of ethics.
- Provide a positive role model to clients and staff through leadership, self-discipline, and genuine care for the treatment and recovery of clients. All clients and staff members must be treated with dignity and respect.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or clinical director.
- Possession of a high school diploma or high school equivalency diploma and 18 credit hours of post-high school education in a field related to behavioral health completed no more that four years before the date the individual begins providing behavioral health services and two years of full-time behavioral health work experience: or high school diploma or high school equivalency diploma and four years of full-time behavioral health work experience. Associates/Bachelors degree in mental health/human services or related field preferred; experience working with Native Americans preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to speak the Apache language preferred.
- Demonstrate strong critical thinking, problem-solving and organizational and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively with a wide range of people, teams, managers, supervisors.
- MS Office proficiency and ability to correctly operate copy machine and fax.
- Valid Arizona Driver’s License and reliable transportation.
- Ability to pass all pre-employment testing, including, but not limited to, fingerprint clearance, drug testing and background check.
**NOTE: Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, U.S. Code, Section 472 and 473).
The physical characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Constant: standing. Frequent: repetitive use of hand, walking, standing, bending neck and waist, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting neck and waist, simple grasping of left and right hand, power grasping right and left hand, fine manipulation right and left hand, pushing and pulling right and left hand, reaching above shoulder level, reaching below shoulder level, lifting objects weighing up to 25 pounds from below the waist to a height of 3 feet.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The employment is considered “at will” and agree that employment can be terminated with or without cause and with or without notice at any time at the option of either the employee or the company.