Nowhi’ Ida’ Bagoye’ Life Is Precious Data Analyst (Contract - Part Time)
WHITE MOUNTAIN APACHE BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SERVICES, INC.
POSITION: NOWHI’ IDA’ BAGOYE’ LIFE IS PRECIOUS DATA ANALYST
CLASSIFICATION CODE: CONTRACT PART TIME
DEPARTMENT: NOWHI’ IDA’ BAGOYE’ LIFE IS PRECIOUS SUICIDE PREVENTION
REPORTS TO: NOWHI’ IDA’ BAGOYE’ LIFE IS PRECIOUS PROGRAM MANAGER
STATEMENT OF JOB: STATEMENT OF JOB: This position provides data entry and analysis support to the Nowhi’ Ida’ Bagoye’ Life Is Precious Suicide Prevention Department and administration of the Zero Suicides Initiative. The Data Analyst is responsible for timely and accurate data entry and maintenance of provider records or credentialing and contract information in multiple databases. Researches and resolves questions and complaints and ensures that information in all databases is accurate and properly configured to support operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs review, correspondence and timely, accurate record set-up and data entry. Supports internal auditing process to ensure data accuracy and integrity.
- Researches and resolves issues and ensures systems are updated, timely, appropriately and accurately.
- Responds to requests to update or change information and ensures that all changes are made within operational guidelines and accurately support all other systems related functions.
- Researches and responds to providers and other internal staff regarding complex inquiries. Develops solutions and communicates outcomes by telephone and in writing.
- Records activities using electronic and manual systems as directed.
- Assists managers, supervisors, and administrators with detailed information in order to answer questions and returns calls, as requested, to communicate resolution and/or appropriate course of action.
- Perform clinical, financial and/or operational data extraction and reporting to generate information that can be used by managers and others to make informed programmatic, organizational, and operational decisions. Data will come from various sources; however, the emphasis is on reporting from a Cerner practice management system/electronic medical record.
- Assists in the design, refinement, and implementation of various database and management information systems, incorporating a variety of data sources and software applications. The Data Analyst may develop tools and manage projects, as necessary/assigned, and may assist other staff in analysis and discovery and in meeting reporting requirements.
- Maintain a thorough, working knowledge and skillset in all Microsoft Office applications and other applicable computer software.
- Participate as needed in grant and multidisciplinary team meetings.
- Assist in implementation of Zero Suicide Initiative and Nowhi’ Ida’ Bagoye’ Life Is Precious programming.
- Act as an ABHS representative in dealing with system/interagency issues relating to dealing with suicide on the Fort Apache Reservation as directed by the Nowhi’ Ida’ Bagoye’ Life Is Precious Program Manager.
- Coordinate and manage regular communications with internal and external partners relevant to program if applicable.
- Ability to maintain records in accordance with HIPAA, AHCCCS, ABHS, Federal, State, Tribal, and local requirements.
- Abide by all applicable policies, procedures, and program standards of ABHS, White Mountain Apache Tribe, Indian Health Services, Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS) and other pertinent regulatory authorities.
- Maintain ethical policies and guidelines as outlined in accepted State ethics laws, rules, policies and principles and as outlined in discipline-specific code of ethics.
- Provide a positive role model to clients and staff through leadership, self-discipline, and genuine care for the treatment and recovery of clients. All clients and staff members must be treated with dignity and respect.
- Participation in all required ABHS training.
- Reports/attends work in timely manner. Must be reliable and communicate directly with supervisor in all matters of attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager, supervisor, director, or administrator.
- One year of experience providing clinical and business system analysis support in an integrated healthcare system environment or for a major electronic patient record vendor (preferably Cerner).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to speak the Apache language preferred.
- Demonstrate critical thinking, problem-solving and organizational and time management skills with ability to work independently, with flexibility within prescribed deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively with a wide range of people, teams, managers, supervisors.
- Must have a working knowledge of the needs, strengths, and services in the tribal community.
- MS Office proficiency, including Excel and Database mastery, and the ability to correctly operate a copier and fax machine.
- Valid Arizona Driver’s License and reliable transportation.
- Ability to pass all pre-employment testing, including, but not limited to, fingerprint clearance and background check.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science or related field preferred; Three years of directly related experience preferred.
2. At least 3 years’ experience working with Native Americans.
3. Experience providing crisis intervention, assessing/treating co-occurring disorders and/or referral services coordination preferred.
**NOTE: Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, U.S. Code, Section 472 and 473).
The physical characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Constant: standing. Frequent: repetitive use of hand, walking, standing, bending neck and waist, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting neck and waist, simple grasping of left and right hand, power grasping right and left hand, fine manipulation right and left hand, pushing and pulling right and left hand, reaching above shoulder level, reaching below shoulder level, lifting objects weighing up to 25 pounds from below the waist to a height of 3 feet.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The employment is considered “at will” and agree that my employment can be terminated with or without cause and with or without notice at any time at the option of either me or the company.