Assessment Clinical Supervisor
WHITE MOUNTAIN APACHE BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SERVICES, INC.
POSITION: ASSESSMENT clinical supervisor
CLASSIFICATION CODE: EXEMPT FULL TIME
REPORTS TO: ABHS CLINICAL DIRECTOR
STATEMENT OF JOB: The Assessment Clinical Supervisor provides direct clinical supervision to behavioral health professionals, technicians and paraprofessionals in the areas of assessment, appropriate level of care recommendations. The Assessment Clinical Supervisor implements direct care services and provides oversight across different service settings, ensuring appropriate care is being provided in accordance with program contracts and requirements. Responsibilities include analyzing assessment needs, establishing clinical practice policy, managing, coordinating and facilitating agency assessment programs in the White Mountain Apache Tribe under the authority of Apache Behavioral Health Services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide ongoing clinical and technical supervision; review application of clinical skills, provide coaching where necessary, identify areas of improvement, and make recommendations for remediation in consultation with the Clinical Director.
- Ensure staff compliance with clinical training and supervision requirements.
- Assess professional capabilities of behavioral health provider staff to provide behavioral/mental health and assessment services to clients as directed and provide performance evaluations in compliance with Apache Behavioral Health Services standards.
- Review and sign off on all clinical documents required and in compliance with applicable licensure, legal and funding requirements.
- Collaborate with behavioral health provider staff in de-escalation of client contacts that warrant supervisory intervention (through coaching of behavioral health provider staff and/or contact with client).
- Provides direct clinical services as necessary to maintain service levels during high volume surges, staffing shortages, and/or when otherwise needed to maintain service levels.
- Work with program leadership to ensure efficient dissemination of all policy and program changes, and assist with implementation of new programs.
- Coordinate and manage regular communications with internal and external partners relevant to program if applicable.
- Verify and print Medifax confirmation information for intake process as needed.
- Complete data entry in electronic health record all intake information for new clients.
- Recommend program design modifications as needed to ensure program supports innovations in mental health.
- Work in collaboration with Billing and Quality Management Departments under the direction of the Clinical Director to implement behavioral/mental health Quality Assurance processes as required for providing behavioral health services, and in compliance with applicable licensure, legal and funding requirements.
- Ability to address a variety of diverse spiritual, emotional, and social needs in multiple environments of an often high-risk population, using a trauma-informed care approach while maintaining a high degree of professionalism and cultural awareness.
- Abide by all applicable policies, procedures, and program standards of ABHS, White Mountain Apache Tribe, Indian Health Services, Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS) and other pertinent regulatory authorities.
- Ability to maintain and provide supervision regarding client records in accordance with HIPAA, AHCCCS, ABHS, Federal, State, Tribal, and local requirements.
- Maintain and provide supervision regarding ethical policies and guidelines as outlined in accepted State ethics laws, rules, policies and principles and as outlined in discipline-specific code of ethics.
- Provide a positive role model to clients and staff through leadership, self-discipline, and genuine care for the treatment and recovery of clients. All clients and staff members must be treated with dignity and respect.
- Participation in all required ABHS training.
- Reports/attends work in timely manner. Must be reliable and communicate directly with supervisor in all matters of attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree (or greater) required in social work, professional counseling, marriage and family therapy, or psychology. Must possess a valid Arizona license to practice at the independent level in social work, professional counseling, marriage and family therapy, or psychology or a valid license in any state at the independent level in social work, professional counseling, marriage and family therapy or psychology and the ability to obtain Arizona licensure within one year of employment.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience providing mental health services with one (1) year clinical supervisory experience.
- Strong knowledge of suicide prevention and suicide risk assessment, treatment planning and interventions in various settings and modalities, as well as superior clinical supervision knowledge/skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as professional meeting facilitation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively with a wide range of people, teams, managers, supervisors, and vendors.
- Demonstrate critical thinking, problem-solving and organizational and time management skills with ability to work independently, with flexibility within prescribed deadlines.
- MS Office proficiency and the ability to correctly operate a copier and fax machine.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Ability to pass all pre-employment testing, including, but not limited to, fingerprint clearance and background check.
- At least 3 years’ experience working with Native Americans in a behavioral health or related field.
- Experience providing crisis intervention, assessing/treating co-occurring disorders and/or referral services coordination preferred.
**NOTE: Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, U.S. Code, Section 472 and 473).
The physical characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Constant: standing. Frequent: repetitive use of hand, walking, standing, bending neck and waist, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting neck and waist, simple grasping of left and right hand, power grasping right and left hand, fine manipulation right and left hand, pushing and pulling right and left hand, reaching above shoulder level, reaching below shoulder level, lifting objects weighing up to 25 pounds from below the waist to a height of 3 feet.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The employment is considered “at will” and agree that my employment can be terminated with or without cause and with or without notice at any time at the option of either me or the company.